First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been using this ceramic spray below after washing or between washes, and I use 5-6 microfiber towels. I am very careful to turn the towel over / change it after every panel or so. Anyways, I noticed there is a good deal of lint being left behind on the paint. The microfiber towels are not that old, maybe been used 5-6 times. I wash them with other microfiber towels only and use a microfiber detergent from chemical guys too. Anyone else facing this problem and have any solutions? Do I need better microfiber towels? I tried to get really nice, plush ones.

Ford Bronco Microfiber towels leaving lint on paint after using ceramic spray 1705534705953
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you dry them? High heat damages them. I have some that are perfect on the interior, but leave fibers on glass. So those are not used on glass any longer. Best towels Iā€™ve going are Griots. No issue with those.

OP
OP
TTUHoopsFans

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you dry them? High heat damages them. I have some that are perfect on the interior, but leave fibers on glass. So those are not used on glass any longer. Best towels Iā€™ve going are Griots. No issue with those.
Ahhh, I do put them in the dryer. Should I let them air dry?

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Putting them in the dryer is fine, I would just put them on the lowest heat setting possible. Also, don't use any fabric softener with them.

Aside from that, it could just be that there's some static so any lint from the microfibers is sticking to them. You might want to see if you can get towels that produce less lint.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use new towels each time. Also, consider claying the vehicle.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahhh, I do put them in the dryer. Should I let them air dry?
No, you should not air dry your microfiber; kills the loft.

The question is what kind of microfiber towels and where were they made? Nothing wrong with buying on Amazon, but Iā€™d check for a ton of reviews and ensure theyā€™re made in South Korea and no place else. Not even sure why, but they make the best by far.

Keep your dryer lint keeper clean and dry on low heat and you should be fine. They can last for years using, as you point out, microfiber wash and wash in warm water.

I use cheap microfiber towels from Target on the interior and other spot cleaning, but the good stuff is for the wash. No lint for me and I store them clean and dry in plastic bags.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same problem using Griotā€™s spray wash, shine as well as ceramic. Personally I believe, as other poster, it is static leftover, so I just give it a quick wipe over with clean duster and itā€™s gone.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Putting them in the dryer is fine, I would just put them on the lowest heat setting possible. Also, don't use any fabric softener with them.

Aside from that, it could just be that there's some static so any lint from the microfibers is sticking to them. You might want to see if you can get towels that produce less lint.
This.

OP
OP
TTUHoopsFans

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same problem using Griotā€™s spray wash, shine as well as ceramic. Personally I believe, as other poster, it is static leftover, so I just give it a quick wipe over with clean duster and itā€™s gone.
Thanks, whatā€™s clean duster?

Sponsored

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been using this ceramic spray below after washing or between washes, and I use 5-6 microfiber towels. I am very careful to turn the towel over / change it after every panel or so. Anyways, I noticed there is a good deal of lint being left behind on the paint. The microfiber towels are not that old, maybe been used 5-6 times. I wash them with other microfiber towels only and use a microfiber detergent from chemical guys too. Anyone else facing this problem and have any solutions? Do I need better microfiber towels? I tried to get really nice, plush ones.

Ford Bronco Microfiber towels leaving lint on paint after using ceramic spray 1705534705953
I'm still using old Tshirt rags.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, whatā€™s clean duster?
Oh Iā€™m sorry, I was referring to a cotton or microfiber ā€œCalifornia Dusterā€ style tool. Many makers but California Duster is probably the most popular. I say clean because sometimes dusters are used frequently and tend to be dirty. I have 2, one for just dusting between washes and a cleaner one that I use only for removing lint after wash.

OP
OP
TTUHoopsFans

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh Iā€™m sorry, I was referring to a cotton or microfiber ā€œCalifornia Dusterā€ style tool. Many makers but California Duster is probably the most popular. I say clean because sometimes dusters are used frequently and tend to be dirty. I have 2, one for just dusting between washes and a cleaner one that I use only for removing lint after wash.
Thanks. I have a 15 year old California duster. Iā€™ve never washed it. Will it scratch the paint?

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
šŸ˜¬Iā€™m sure after 15 years of use with no wash itā€™s pretty dirty, but if used with just light touch, no pressure i donā€™t think it would leave scratches. Just my opinion. The one I use between washes is 12 years old but I have hand washed more than a couple of times.
Sponsored