First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd like to change my Shadow black paint to a matte look, but the prices I've seen for stealth PPF have all seemed crazy expensive to me.
My neighbor had a matte finish spray applied to his car.
The only experience I have with anything like this was a DIY clear gloss that I actually used on my Raptor back in 2013.
Anyone have any experience with professional spray on paint protection? Seems to be about 1/4 the price of Xpel
Sponsored

Garret Sterling

Black Diamond
First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You could certainly do it yourself, the problem is "will you be happy with your own work"?... Yes, you save money, but if you do it, you ought to do it right. There's lots of "how to" videos out there that show you just that. Which brings me back to my original point.... do you trust yourself to do a good job? With proper preparation, proper techniques, it is definitely doable. I wish you luck, friend.

OP
OP
Kjbeggs

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You could certainly do it yourself, the problem is "will you be happy with your own work"?... Yes, you save money, but if you do it, you ought to do it right. There's lots of "how to" videos out there that show you just that. Which brings me back to my original point.... do you trust yourself to do a good job? With proper preparation, proper techniques, it is definitely doable. I wish you luck, friend.
I absolutely don't want to do it myself. (I just did the front end of my Raptor with a clear gloss spray previously). I just don't know anyone who has had this type of spray product professionally done (other than my neighbor, and his was done too recently to provide any 'real world' long-term results).
He paid $1200 to have it done, which is much cheaper then the prices I've seen for Xpel.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with having it done?

Garret Sterling

Black Diamond
First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Find a reputable paint/body shop. Doesn't hurt to shop around for prices. $1200 is a good deal compared to a wrap job. Surely, someone in your area will be willing. Probably doesn't require much sanding/prep. Just enough for a 2-4 coats of a clear matte finish over your black paint? I'm no expert, just spit-balling.
I have thought the same as you. Would love a matte finish on my A51, just don't want to pay +$4k!
Sponsored