MOBroncoz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Group, been long time lurker and have benefited tremendously fro this forum. Until now I’ve not had a reason to post but really would appreciate any insight y’all might have. Here is the summary of my situation.

My wife saw the initial PR from Ford on the new bronco years ago and fell in love with the robins egg blue and white top. As y’all know, it was in the initial press photos but has been missing as an option until the Limited Heritage Edition.

7/14/20 - Reservation confirmed
9/6/22 - got the generic email stating the rules of engagement for existing reservation holders and existing 2022 order holders or you would lose the reservation. The statement circled gave my wife too much hope. We made a game plan with the dealer as my wife has been waiting with an early reservation in hand for this very model.
Ford Bronco Heritage Limited Edition Order Cancelled 1666634413135

10/5/22 - Order Confirmation Received (see attached) - the lady that handles the ordering at the dealer even came in on her day off at 7 to be one of the first orders in for the Limited edition in the chance it mattered or would help my wife. The dealer has been very helpful throughout this entire process.

Ford Bronco Heritage Limited Edition Order Cancelled 1666634168883

10/18/22 - Ford cancelled order and my status was reverted.

Owner of the dealer called to personally apologize. Said he had talked to his regional rep and a few others he knew up the chain and they are giving him the we are sorry, Ford has decided to change the rules on the Heritage Limited and we apologize to the customer here but they can’t get a Limited Heritage Edition. He said he’s been told they are now just allocating to dealers vs allowing customer orders and if got one we could have it but our order is in fact cancelled.

I realize this has been an all around cluster bomb by Ford but an about face that quick even surprised me a bit. Thoughts? I guess finding out you are out soon is better than much later.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you called Ford personally? I know the people you get on the phone are just 'phone answerers' but maybe you can get a bit more information.

Sorry this happened. It sucks to get your hopes up (I know, I had a FE order in and when my
Bornco came in, my scumbag pos dealer refused to honor my reservation price and sold it out from under me).

Maybe get on the twit machine and see if that does anything? I forget who you want to @ at, but increasingly, companies are getting used to dealing with customer concerns on social media (especially since it is in the public eye for all to see).

OP
OP

MOBroncoz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t, not even sure where to start but will look into it. I keep thinking maybe I’m just missing something…hoping this group may have some wisdom! Thanks!

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Group, been long time lurker and have benefited tremendously fro this forum. Until now I’ve not had a reason to post but really would appreciate any insight y’all might have. Here is the summary of my situation.

My wife saw the initial PR from Ford on the new bronco years ago and fell in love with the robins egg blue and white top. As y’all know, it was in the initial press photos but has been missing as an option until the Limited Heritage Edition.

7/14/20 - Reservation confirmed
9/6/22 - got the generic email stating the rules of engagement for existing reservation holders and existing 2022 order holders or you would lose the reservation. The statement circled gave my wife too much hope. We made a game plan with the dealer as my wife has been waiting with an early reservation in hand for this very model.

10/5/22 - Order Confirmation Received (see attached) - the lady that handles the ordering at the dealer even came in on her day off at 7 to be one of the first orders in for the Limited edition in the chance it mattered or would help my wife. The dealer has been very helpful throughout this entire process.

10/18/22 - Ford cancelled order and my status was reverted.

Owner of the dealer called to personally apologize. Said he had talked to his regional rep and a few others he knew up the chain and they are giving him the we are sorry, Ford has decided to change the rules on the Heritage Limited and we apologize to the customer here but they can’t get a Limited Heritage Edition.

At this point my wife is done, she’s disgusted with Ford after waiting this long, getting an order confirmation, and then having Ford back out on her.

I realize this has been an all around d cluster bomb by Ford but this even shocks me. I mean, we received and order confirmation that they then cancelled. Ideas? Suggestions? Thoughts? I thought I was setting her up for success but maybe missed or misunderstood something.
Sounds fishy. I would call Ford, dealership could be trying to pull a fast one on you.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There was never a possibility to actually order the Limited edition, despite the hole in the ordering system. Sice the beginning it was dealer allocation only. With the limited production, how they would answer all the orders flowing in ? Your best bet is keep line with the dealer and prepare pay a hefty ADM.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

"Ford has decided to change the rules on the Heritage Limited and we apologize to the customer here but they can’t get a Limited Heritage Edition. He said he’s been told they are now just allocating to dealers vs allowing customer orders and if got one we could have it but our order is in fact cancelled."

Ford didn't change the rules, it was dealer allocation at the very beginning. What was jacked was that it was even open for the Dealers to order anyone a Limited HE. Multiple posts were made to people that submitted order for an Limited saying good luck because it was going against what Ford originally put out.

Here's straight from the Bronco FAQ's on the Ford site:

All Bronco Heritage Limited Editions will be allocated to dealers and not available to order. Please contact your dealer for availability.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/

All I can tell you to do is get with that Dealer and see if they'll sell you their allocation when it comes in ... that or order a standard HE.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hmm, interesting. Is it possible that the dealer used their order to get game the system and get an extra 'allocation' somehow? Not sure how they could have 'reverted' their order that way though I guess.

I guess the more logical explanation is that the dealer/salesperson didn't know that they were dealer allocation only.

Either way, dealer wins here. No order obligation equals even more reason to ADM out the wazoo.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hmm, interesting. Is it possible that the dealer used their order to get game the system and get an extra 'allocation' somehow? Not sure how they could have 'reverted' their order that way though I guess.

I guess the more logical explanation is that the dealer/salesperson didn't know that they were dealer allocation only.

Either way, dealer wins here. No order obligation equals even more reason to ADM out the wazoo.
No, I don't think the dealer gamed the system this time, the system let them order it. What sucks for the OP is that the order was cancelled (as it shouldn't have been allowed) but hopefully that doesn't mean that his spot in line is cancelled too!

@MOBroncoz get with your Dealer and make sure you at least have your spot/reservation still available and report back but getting frustrated about a Limited order that should have never been is fruitless at this point.

Last edited:

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That makes sense. OP, maybe they'll get an allocation and let you folks have it at a reasonable price? You can always hope.

I was trying to make something happen with a raptor back in Feb/March. The dealer I was talking to said they were getting one allocation and would let me know what ADM would be.

They never got back to me. I didn't care that they never got back to me.

GypsyDRB

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry Ford's comms were not consistent (and I think they did you dirty)...This is not the answer you are looking for, but you could retro any trim to your hearts content and most likely spend way less than the likely very hefty dealer mark ups most of these Heritage LE's will get.

It's what I did...

Ford Bronco Heritage Limited Edition Order Cancelled 312409637_1264203017737606_5953233114611920706_n

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The heritage limited was NEVER orderable by the customer. It was dealer allocation from the very beginning. The rockstars had a bug in the system that let your dealer order it, even though they were told months before they couldn't. Its both dealers and Fords fault.

Your dealer will get at least one allocated to them, although they will not be able to option it in any way. Talk to them about securing the one they get.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was going to suggest that @GypsyDRB ! That looks great!

How did you handle the trail sights to get them white?

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm sorry Ford's comms were not consistent (and I think they did you dirty)...This is not the answer you are looking for, but you could retro any trim to your hearts content and most likely spend way less than the likely very hefty dealer mark ups most of these Heritage LE's will get.

It's what I did...

Ford Bronco Heritage Limited Edition Order Cancelled 312409637_1264203017737606_5953233114611920706_n
This looks great!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well at least you didnt lose your reservation all together. Just order a HE or do the retro after the fact.

GypsyDRB

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to suggest that @GypsyDRB ! That looks great!

How did you handle the trail sights to get them white?
I wanted to replace them, but I couldn't find an after market option for oxford white trail sights (I didn't look too hard either)...but I found these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2L6SJM8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2L82T9N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

They're "cheap" and helped me further the retro look I was trying to go for...I would swap if an oxford white replacement came on the market. Am getting the Advanced Fiberglass Textured White top when they start shipping them in December. That'll be the last phase of the transformation for a while.
Sponsored