Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey Group, been long time lurker and have benefited tremendously fro this forum. Until now I’ve not had a reason to post but really would appreciate any insight y’all might have. Here is the summary of my situation.

My wife saw the initial PR from Ford on the new bronco years ago and fell in love with the robins egg blue and white top. As y’all know, it was in the initial press photos but has been missing as an option until the Limited Heritage Edition.

7/14/20 - Reservation confirmed
9/6/22 - got the generic email stating the rules of engagement for existing reservation holders and existing 2022 order holders or you would lose the reservation. The statement circled gave my wife too much hope. We made a game plan with the dealer as my wife has been waiting with an early reservation in hand for this very model.
1666634413135.png

10/5/22 - Order Confirmation Received (see attached) - the lady that handles the ordering at the dealer even came in on her day off at 7 to be one of the first orders in for the Limited edition in the chance it mattered or would help my wife. The dealer has been very helpful throughout this entire process.

1666634168883.png

10/18/22 - Ford cancelled order and my status was reverted.

Owner of the dealer called to personally apologize. Said he had talked to his regional rep and a few others he knew up the chain and they are giving him the we are sorry, Ford has decided to change the rules on the Heritage Limited and we apologize to the customer here but they can’t get a Limited Heritage Edition. He said he’s been told they are now just allocating to dealers vs allowing customer orders and if got one we could have it but our order is in fact cancelled.

I realize this has been an all around cluster bomb by Ford but an about face that quick even surprised me a bit. Thoughts? I guess finding out you are out soon is better than much later.
that dealer’s name is awfully close to “Fugaze Motors”
Sponsored

OP
OP

MOBroncoz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heritage LIMITED edition, is completely different than the Heritage (non-limited) edition and the price difference (over $20k more)also reflects that. Limited edition is built on Badlands trim, and non Limited on big bend trim.
I certainly understand that, I shouldn’t have assumed that was a general statement….been waiting for 2+ years on a robins egg blue with a white top, shouldn’t have assumed I could order an edition they released, my fault 🤦‍♂️

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We will all look back one day and say this was crazy. All these people had Bronco orders and waited years for delivery. Ford kept dropping the ball each time they launched a model. Our kids we’ll say ya’ll we’re crazy And the truth is it will be true.
Me in 30 years when my grandkids ask me about B6G stories they read on Bronco9G.com
5brykl.jpg

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone have insight into why Ford is artificially limiting the humber of HE-Limiteds?

In the past, LIMITED was Fords top of the line trim for certain models, but it was never numbered or production limited. Anyone could order one if they wanted.

What does Ford get by only giving dealers a single limited that will probably be bought by the GM or other employee? Tons of people would probably be happy to pay for one if they could, more so if they could custom spec it. Seems to me Ford is leaving money on the table.

OP
OP

MOBroncoz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is very concerning as my dealer converted my order to an HLE. I got confirmation email identical to the OP's email on October 5th. The only difference is I did NOT get an email from Ford saying my order was cancelled? Based on other posts it also partially explains why they couldn't order me a 2-door, as it sounds like they don't get a choice?
To clarify, I got nothing from Ford corporate. I wouldn’t know if the dealer hadn’t called me personally and apologized. I then looked at my Ford Account “Order Status” and it had been reverted back to “Ordering with Dealer” or something similar. As others have eluded, you are most likely in the same boat…just the realities of all of us setting a low bar and finding out we didn’t read some FAQ document to educate ourselves as buyers with reservations when they allowed us to submit an order with their dealers, have it go through their system, get a confirmation email, etc (sense the sarcasm)

I’ve ordered more vehicles than I care to admit, bought more from dealers off lots, and don’t ever recall having to read FAQ documentation and educate myself on the ordering process when working with a dealer of the manufacturer but I also do understand we are way off the reservation here into uncharted territory.

Is what it is, I digress, just a vehicle we are all going to pay way too damn much for in the end. 😅

Last edited:

Sponsored

SmokeSaves

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC, Chevy, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To clarify, I got nothing from Ford corporate. I wouldn’t know if the dealer hadn’t called me personally and apologized.

Is what it is, I digress, just a vehicle we are all going to pay way too damn much for in the end. 😅
Well thanks for the heads up! I'll have to contact my dealer tomorrow, as it appears they can't actually order the Limited for me OR the dealership!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Does anyone have insight into why Ford is artificially limiting the humber of HE-Limiteds?

In the past, LIMITED was Fords top of the line trim for certain models, but it was never numbered or production limited. Anyone could order one if they wanted.

What does Ford get by only giving dealers a single limited that will probably be bought by the GM or other employee? Tons of people would probably be happy to pay for one if they could, more so if they could custom spec it. Seems to me Ford is leaving money on the table.
This Limited actually is going to be limited to 1966 2 and 4 doors, 1966 being the year the original Bronco was released. The standard HE is the volume player if you want to call it that and is openly orderable.

I get it and am happy they even offered a lesser unlimited version because they didn't have to. The FE numbers were increased if you remember but I don't see them doing the same with the Limited when the standard is also available.

It's funny when you bring up limited being a top trim, it's like all the "special" editions manufacturers throw out there that are neither limited or special other than something like a pinstripe or option package.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, Ford comes up with a new way to disappoint about every other week it seems like......

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This Limited actually is going to be limited to 1966 2 and 4 doors, 1966 being the year the original Bronco was released. The standard HE is the volume player if you want to call it that and is openly orderable.

I get it and am happy they even offered a lesser unlimited version because they didn't have to. The FE numbers were increased if you remember but I don't see them doing the same with the Limited when the standard is also available.

It's funny when you bring up limited being a top trim, it's like all the "special" editions manufacturers throw out there that are neither limited or special other than something like a pinstripe or option package.
1965 was the original year of release, August 11 to be exact.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

Lazy Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Group, been long time lurker and have benefited tremendously fro this forum. Until now I’ve not had a reason to post but really would appreciate any insight y’all might have. Here is the summary of my situation.

My wife saw the initial PR from Ford on the new bronco years ago and fell in love with the robins egg blue and white top. As y’all know, it was in the initial press photos but has been missing as an option until the Limited Heritage Edition.

7/14/20 - Reservation confirmed
9/6/22 - got the generic email stating the rules of engagement for existing reservation holders and existing 2022 order holders or you would lose the reservation. The statement circled gave my wife too much hope. We made a game plan with the dealer as my wife has been waiting with an early reservation in hand for this very model.
Ford Bronco Heritage Limited Edition Order Cancelled 5brykl

10/5/22 - Order Confirmation Received (see attached) - the lady that handles the ordering at the dealer even came in on her day off at 7 to be one of the first orders in for the Limited edition in the chance it mattered or would help my wife. The dealer has been very helpful throughout this entire process.

Ford Bronco Heritage Limited Edition Order Cancelled 5brykl

10/18/22 - Ford cancelled order and my status was reverted.

Owner of the dealer called to personally apologize. Said he had talked to his regional rep and a few others he knew up the chain and they are giving him the we are sorry, Ford has decided to change the rules on the Heritage Limited and we apologize to the customer here but they can’t get a Limited Heritage Edition. He said he’s been told they are now just allocating to dealers vs allowing customer orders and if got one we could have it but our order is in fact cancelled.

I realize this has been an all around cluster bomb by Ford but an about face that quick even surprised me a bit. Thoughts? I guess finding out you are out soon is better than much later.
Reading this thread got me to thinking, instead of Bronco owners and owners in waiting sucking on lemons when we can't get the Bronco we want, why don't we make lemonade and create our own "Happy Wifey" editions? Our community is sizable, passionate, and not without resources. We could create a customization group, commission our own projects, and accept bids for the work. Hell, we could even go so far as to invest in our own customization shop. Just spit ballin'. What do you all think?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Reading this thread got me to thinking, instead of Bronco owners and owners in waiting sucking on lemons when we can't get the Bronco we want, why don't we make lemonade and create our own "Happy Wifey" editions? Our community is sizable, passionate, and not without resources. We could create a customization group, commission our own projects, and accept bids for the work. Hell, we could even go so far as to invest in our own customization shop. Just spit ballin'. What do you all think?
Well yeah except right now it's nigh impossible to get all the separate parts to make the "ultimate" Bronco and even then it's still unclear how to program some of it to work; examples being the 12" screen, there's a few posts that have most of the bugs worked out and then how about the SB disconnect or the Hoss 3.0 steering rack??? I don't think anyone's had any luck with either of those yet.

For a Heritage we're still missing the mod top and even a MIC isn't orderable separately but paint, wheels, grilles, tires, upholstery sure ... easy if you got the money to repaint or wrap a brand new truck because you want a non-factory color.

OP
OP

MOBroncoz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone already stated, we'll be able to say...it was all true!

Lazy Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well yeah except right now it's nigh impossible to get all the separate parts to make the "ultimate" Bronco and even then it's still unclear how to program some of it to work; examples being the 12" screen, there's a few posts that have most of the bugs worked out and then how about the SB disconnect or the Hoss 3.0 steering rack??? I don't think anyone's had any luck with either of those yet.

For a Heritage we're still missing the mod top and even a MIC isn't orderable separately but paint, wheels, grilles, tires, upholstery sure ... easy if you got the money to repaint or wrap a brand new truck because you want a non-factory color.
Good points. Anything computer related would definitely require nothing short of a Ford/Saleen type relationship. While it's unreasonable to consider that as a starting point, no reason to take it off the table down the road (ambition doesn't cost you anything). But starting with mild mechanical and cosmetic customizations seems do-able. There's no shortage of SEMA builders/suppliers who would love to showcase their products. Also keep in mind that there's strength in numbers. One Robin Egg Blue wrap may run you $6-7K, but could we get a better price for a run of 100 or 200? There are a lot of shops that would welcome that kind of business.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

But Ford also didn't have to limit the number of heritage limiteds. As I said before, they're leaving money on the table by not allowing more people to to get a fully-loaded heritage themed bronco. I would gladly pay more for a heritage if ford would let me add the high or lux package to it.... more still if i could just get a badlands based heritage optioned the way I like, and I'm sure i'm not alone.
Sponsored