First Name
Steffen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know or have experience with a hitch mount light that can also double as a go around to permanently disabling the auto start stop? I really like the Diode Dynamics one but didn't know if this could be done with that product? Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not directly answering about the light but I can tell you that simply cutting off a cheap flat pin connector and plugging in the plug by itself to the tow wiring receptacle does disable the ASS.
I’ve done this successfully.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know or have experience with a hitch mount light that can also double as a go around to permanently disabling the auto start stop? I really like the Diode Dynamics one but didn't know if this could be done with that product? Thank you in advance!
That's not how auto start/stop work...

If you are trying to TRICK your truck into thinking a trailer is connected and therefore maybe it doens't use auto start/stop you're truck will THINK a trailer is connected now... so that won't be ideal either.

There are products you can buy and install that disable the auto start/stop.

FYI we've got the Hitchmount lights in stock: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-hitchmount-led-pod-reverse-kit/

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It will also disable your Backup sensors and may affect the Blnd Spot Monitoring.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes plugging in a pigtail will make your Bronco think there is a trailer attached but since the only effect other than disabling rear sensors is halting auto stop Start there isno harm to the vehicle and zero effect in forward driving since we do not have a trailer tow setting other than antisway.

You can accomplish the same thing by inserting a basket or bike carrier in the rear hitch I would imagine
Sponsored