Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just noticed this on the FB group
(Photo cred Robert Burns)

Since I live in hot ass south Florida, I have struggled with engine bay heat with every turbo car I own. I’ve had great results from venting a hood with an NACA duct or something similar. When I start snooping around a turbo car with the intent on buying one, I make it a point to look at the hood structure. To give me an idea of how difficult it’s going to be. The challenge is usually getting through the stamped support structure on the back side.
Then I stumble on this pic.
The first thing I notice is that the back side of the hood has a cool honeycomb pattern. Which I’m sure adds to rigidity, while keeping the weight down.

Ford Bronco Hood vents in the Broncos future? 6B4627E6-0F4B-4BB8-963F-5EC21337EC6B

The 2nd thing I noticed is that there seems to be 2 small triangle openings on the back side. Coincidentally their placement is perfect for 2 vents/ducts. I could see those being used on a performance based or R trim.

Ford Bronco Hood vents in the Broncos future? A5A95EA9-415F-49D2-81F3-CB27EFA00F13
Sponsored

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice Catch! Would make for an easy mod.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either way you can still cut through it if you really want to. If you really want to vent heat out of the engine bay, put a horizontal vent behind the radiator & heat will pour out of the hood. :cool:

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Either way you can still cut through it if you really want to. If you really want to vent heat out of the engine bay, put a horizontal vent behind the radiator & heat will pour out of the hood. :cool:
There’s a little more to it than that, but yes. The idea is for the aero of the vent to pull hot air from the engine bay. That’s the purpose of an NACA duct.
Sponsored