First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi! So, I have a Wildtrak with the full graphics package, and know that one day in the future, I’ll have to have her repainted… It may be a silly question, but can a vehicle be repainted with graphics still on them? Also, how long do the graphics stay crisp looking for? Thanks, all - you’ve been a great source of knowledge and help!🥰

7D12878D-F3FC-4192-AF78-371077F633B5.jpeg
Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Graphics will have to go. But you can get lookalike graphics at RiderGraphix or Underground Graphics. I forget which one has the Wildtrak-look ones. Only like $250-300

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi! So, I have a Wildtrak with the full graphics package, and know that one day in the future, I’ll have to have her repainted… It may be a silly question, but can a vehicle be repainted with graphics still on them? Also, how long do the graphics stay crisp looking for? Thanks, all - you’ve been a great source of knowledge and help!🥰

7D12878D-F3FC-4192-AF78-371077F633B5.jpeg
The graphics would be removed and new ones applied after repainting. As far as how long they will last, that depends on a number of factors like where you live, do you garage it, how much sun exposure they receive, etc.

Most vehicles last for decades on the factory paint, I’m wondering why you think yours will need a repaint? You can use paint protection film (PPF) on high wear areas to protect it. I can see you already have steps and mud flaps, a good start on protecting the doors from rock chips.

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Graphics will have to go. But you can get lookalike graphics at RiderGraphix or Underground Graphics. I forget which one has the Wildtrak-look ones. Only like $250-300
Thank you! Do they remove easily and cleanly when taken off professionally before they paint it? Thanks again!😃

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! Do they remove easily and cleanly when taken off professionally before they paint it? Thanks again!😃
They can. Again, a lot depends on the condition of the graphics at the time.
Professional refinishers won’t have an issue removing, painting the vehicle, and reinstalling new graphics.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just think of it as a sticker. Easy to remove with heat. Kind of stiff cold. Paint will look new under it. You could honestly remove that decal and install a new one in 20 minutes. All you would need is a hair dryer to heat the old sticker to remove it, clean panel, apply new sticker. It usually takes 30 days for a decal to fully adhere. All the badges on my truck pulled right off without issue when it was new.

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The graphics would be removed and new ones applied after repainting. As far as how long they will last, that depends on a number of factors like where you live, do you garage it, how much sun exposure they receive, etc.

There are vehicles that last for decades on the factory paint, I’m wondering why you think yours will need a repaint?
Hi! Thank you! Oh, I’m just finicky - I usually cycle through trucks and cars, but I am absolutely keeping this one and knowing me, I’ll want to refresh her in years to come… Last spring, I bought a pre-owned, 2015 Volkswagen Convertible Beetle, which they don’t make any longer, and the first thing I did was drive her to a body shop for an entire overhaul even though she was in great condition to begin with… Certain things bugged me (pun intended!) and so I figured I’d take care of it right away as she is another keeper. My next acquisition will be an International Scout! That’s my all time favorite! We also have a VW Thing, which I adore, but she’s a tough beast to drive! Cars are, and have always been, my happy, peaceful place.☺

3638B9C6-9A41-4C2D-AA89-3AFA15E8B46D.jpeg

FDC78279-405D-48C3-8EBA-7B403BAF92F0.jpeg

24187C77-9678-4CAB-9EBD-90F0DAA767B8.jpeg

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The graphics is literally just vinyl. It’ll come right off with no worries. And any paint and body shop can reorder from Ford just like with regular decals etc. so if you really like/want the body side (and hood graphic) they’ll easily be able to do it and will include the replacement coat in your quote for full body paint.

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The graphics is literally just vinyl. It’ll come right off with no worries. And any paint and body shop can reorder from Ford just like with regular decals etc. so if you really like/want the body side (and hood graphic) they’ll easily be able to do it and will include the replacement coat in your quote for full body paint.
Awesome! Thank you!🥰

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you considered a wrap instead of repaint? Probably better if you are someone who likes a change more often than most!

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
picked a new color yet?

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have you considered a wrap instead of repaint? Probably better if you are someone who likes a change more often than most!
That is a possibility! Thank you for reminding me of that!🥰
Sponsored