Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
As someone who as owned multiple properties... I have to ask... what is essentially the point?
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who has never owned anything without wheels I have to ask what are you talking about?

By the way my wife, her mother, and sister own the land we built our cabins on. Well they will after we figure out a way to pay off $300,000 with 5 upper lower class incomes :ROFLMAO:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hope springs eternal

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As someone who as owned multiple properties... I have to ask... what is essentially the point?
The bigger question is what is the point of owning anything if it doesn't bring joy to you and your loved ones. Being a minimalist should be celebrated.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm pretty happy with my lil slice of Pie and not having to deal with the B.S of an apartment or
an association telling what I can and can't do.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That sweet sweet equity. Holy hell it payed out for me when I sold my old house.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sweet sweet equity. Holy hell it payed out for me when I sold my old house.
I mean I get it... Iā€™m about to sell my place and have a fat pay day. Between that and my military pension I should be in really good shape... Iā€™m just unsure if thereā€™s any reason for me to buy again at some point. I dunno... I donā€™t need much besides a place to sleep.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a motocross track in my backyard. Only my wife to tell me no, but I donā€™t hear that well.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The bigger question is what is the point of owning anything if it doesn't bring joy to you and your loved ones. Being a minimalist should be celebrated.
Ownership can mean either equity or as an investment income. Investment income can bring more freedom. But if your not happy right where your at in life- more money will never cure that.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I mean I get it... Iā€™m about to sell my place and have a fat pay day. Between that and my military pension I should be in really good shape... Iā€™m just unsure if thereā€™s any reason for me to buy again at some point. I dunno... I donā€™t need much besides a place to sleep.
Use it as a down payment on a new place. Instant equity. Buying a house is like having a savings account that you live in.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Delta, what is your objective? Do you want to relocate and need to move anyway? Are you wanting to free up cash so you can invest it in something else? Are you tired of having to maintain the property?

There are advantages and disadvantages to owning a home. There is a tax advantage related to the mortgage income deduction, but you have to pay to maintain a place that you do not rent. Plus a home ties you down to a certain area, if you value the freedom to move around on a whim. Owning a home can be a great, long-term investment, if you time the purchase and sale well, but it is not very liquid and costs a lot to sell (brokerage fees, closing costs) and to relocate. Some people donā€™t mind apartment life, because they are social creatures, and they love using the common areas and pool, whereas others hate shared walls, noisy neighbors, and lack of privacy.

it really depends on what your objectives are, and why youā€™re thinking about selling.
Sponsored