Sponsored

How did you get your private offer certificate number???

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So, got my "scheduled for production" email and VIN. Production week isn't until March 27th, so I figured I'd start working on getting my private offer certificate number. Had my salesman check with the sales manager who claimed that there is no price protection certificate in the system for me. According to Ford's own website, I should qualify for a $2595 private offer. Placed an order for a four door outer banks on 12/8/21. Converted that order on 9/26/22 to a Heritage Edition. Spoke to Ford customer service a few months back and was told to call back once I had a VIN and that they would give me my certificate number. Called customer service today and they now tell me that they can't see anything and that it's the dealer's job to do the research and generate the certificate, at which time, Ford will be able to see it in the system. So, basically......."No one knows nothin'." Why did I ever think this was going to go smoothly? Who has received their private offer certificate number and how did you get it?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you referring to price protection?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2013 F150, 1979 Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have two re-orders for MY23. I recently reached out to Ford customer service chat asking them to confirm my price protection certificate amounts. They said they did not have access to that system and that I need to talk to the dealer. I asked dealer #1 (who is highly respected) to check the certificate amount and they said can’t pull it from Ford or confirm if I will get it until my Bronco arrives. I didn’t believe that but I didn’t push back. I then asked dealer #2 and they quickly sent me two screenshots of the two certificates with certificate numbers and amounts (which matched what I expected). So my takeaway is that it is a crapshoot on if you can get the information or not through Ford or your dealer.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I called Ford Marketing to speak with them on the phone. They searched with my full contact info and nothing came up. I then asked them to search just with my email and they found the cert. I was going to ask them to search just with phone if email didn't work.

If your dealer had a typo in any of your info then the full search won't find your, try to have them search just by phone or by email.

Even after all of that, one dealer insists I will only have a cert if I have a VIN. After some back and forth they acknowledged I do have a cert even before a VIN.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Your dealer has to submit for price protection. Ford chat did give us some private offer code thing but it was for $250...Ford chat has nothing to do with price protection.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have two re-orders for MY23. I recently reached out to Ford customer service chat asking them to confirm my price protection certificate amounts. They said they did not have access to that system and that I need to talk to the dealer. I asked dealer #1 (who is highly respected) to check the certificate amount and they said can’t pull it from Ford or confirm if I will get it until my Bronco arrives. I didn’t believe that but I didn’t push back. I then asked dealer #2 and they quickly sent me two screenshots of the two certificates with certificate numbers and amounts (which matched what I expected). So my takeaway is that it is a crapshoot on if you can get the information or not through Ford or your dealer.
The dealer is supposed to be able to access it. It looks like its just a matter of whether they want to put in the effort. I don't believe you have to wait until it arrives. I have a VIN number so they should be able to find it. I have to figure out if they are playing dumb or actually dumb.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I called Ford Marketing to speak with them on the phone. They searched with my full contact info and nothing came up. I then asked them to search just with my email and they found the cert. I was going to ask them to search just with phone if email didn't work.

If your dealer had a typo in any of your info then the full search won't find your, try to have them search just by phone or by email.

Even after all of that, one dealer insists I will only have a cert if I have a VIN. After some back and forth they acknowledged I do have a cert even before a VIN.
Apparently, people are getting different answers depending on who they ask. That's why I'm starting now. My build week is March 27th. Probably wont be at the dealer until sometime in May. Hopefully I can have it straightened out by then.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In that case, when my Bronco was on the way I contacted Ford and they gave me a certificate number once they validated my order/reservation. When I purchased the Bronco, I provided the dealer with the Ford certificate number and the dealer deducted the amount from my agreed upon price. My price protection was at signing.

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I called Ford on this just this morning. They gave me the amount $3,645 and a certificate number from Smart Vincent based on my email and phone#. My original order was 10/30/2020 and is priority code 19 still awaiting a vin. I hope to have it before the end of model year 23 otherwise it goes "poof" (2 Dr BB non SAS)

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PM your name and zip code. I can check for you. If it doesn’t show up not uncommon. Batches go in weekly. But your dealer may need to reach out to their inventory manager (formerly known as dealer rep) to have C&I generate it. My rep has a “team” that handles only these and maverick PP certs.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I called Ford on this just this morning. They gave me the amount $3,645 and a certificate number from Smart Vincent based on my email and phone#. My original order was 10/30/2020 and is priority code 19 still awaiting a vin. I hope to have it before the end of model year 23 otherwise it goes "poof" (2 Dr BB non SAS)
What number did you call? I called Bronco customer service and was told they have no way of looking this up. And I have a VIN.

Juventus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How have you not been pulled. You should be high on your dealers list. A big bend non sas. Sorry to hear that man. Do you have any constraints on your order?

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What number did you call? I called Bronco customer service and was told they have no way of looking this up. And I have a VIN.
800 392-3673 and I said "Bronco Price Protection Certificate" to the computer and then someone live came on and checked my email, address and phone# and then he gave me the amount and certificate number

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How have you not been pulled. You should be high on your dealers list. A big bend non sas. Sorry to hear that man. Do you have any constraints on your order?
I have a rear locking diff, automatic, 2.3L, mid package, tube steps, and keypad entry. My main issue is I ordered with Granger during October 2020 when they had the $2,000 below invoice sale (I am currently 300 or so on their list). Hopefully this new plan from Ford released last Friday will get me a vin before year's end. If I ever get it in 23, it will be for a really good price. If not, I lose the $3,645 but Granger said they will still honor the $2,000 whenever I get it
Sponsored