First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every few months the Bronco reminds me that there is some dorm of data sharing with Ford, stating they it can be disabled in settings. On superficial inspection it was never obvious how to do so, and I assumed it is something minor and depersonalized. Then I read this

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/11/technology/carmakers-driver-tracking-insurance.html

Essentially GM snitching their customer's detailed driving data to the insurance companies.

How do I disable any and all information sharing with Ford? I don't care what functionality I loose.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Chatted with FordPass today. You can turn off all or some connectivity features under Settings/Connectivity/Connected Vehicle Feature. One of the lovely options there which was enabled is Driving Data. I swear, I will take Ford to small claims court if my insurance rates jump up because they snitched.

STP8_20240311_181441377.jpg

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every few months the Bronco reminds me that there is some dorm of data sharing with Ford, stating they it can be disabled in settings. On superficial inspection it was never obvious how to do so, and I assumed it is something minor and depersonalized. Then I read this

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/11/technology/carmakers-driver-tracking-insurance.html

Essentially GM snitching their customer's detailed driving data to the insurance companies.

How do I disable any and all information sharing with Ford? I don't care what functionality I loose.
hmmm never turned mine on lol you tube id say

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the SIM card is internal to the TCU. Not something that’s easily removable.
Where there's a will, there's a way. If I could just find the location of the module, I'll just pull the antenna for the cellular radio if the module deems too difficult an egg to crack.

Sponsored

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

WOW, I didn't know ford was so cavalier with our personal data. That's collecting way too much data and goes beyond whats reasonable for an automobile. Just deleted the ford pass app, I'll be looking at the vehicle settings too. I've already had an issue once with my personal data being stolen and it was very painful. I now go out of my way now to minimize my exposure, an ounce of prevention is worth 500 lbs of cure.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where there's a will, there's a way. If I could just find the location of the module, I'll just pull the antenna for the cellular radio if the module deems too difficult an egg to crack.
Pulling the fuse is far easier than any other method and it does the same thing

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your data is worthless. Let them have it. :)
Let's see if you feel that way when they do like GM and sell it to insurance companies then your rate goes up $100/month because you are somewhat heavy footed. I am not worried about my privacy, but about my pocketbook.

If you drive like a granny then you have options. Several insurance companies will offer you discounts if you let them snoop on you to verify your driving habits. I tend to drive 10 miles over the speed limit at all times, and when I am on the freeway with a radar detector and Highway Radar running I will sometimes go 20 over the limit. My insurance company will have a field day of they have hard data proving it.
Sponsored