Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took Vega out to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan as a warm up for a week long trip at the end of the month. She did amazing and the Pre-runners there really got me drooling. My goal for Vega is dunes, trail riding and maybe at some point rock crawling. She's also my summer daily driver.
This is my first true, off-road toy/build out, so I have a question.
How did you decide what suspension upgrades to do? I'd love to do something like a pre-runner, but they seem super wide (not to mention expensive) and are they just limited to dunes?. I'm thinking I'd ideally like to stay $5K and under for suspension mods, is that doable?
Be nice, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff 😅

629A5F0C-C1A7-4F5C-AD8A-C10234FF24FA.jpeg
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Air down to 15 or so psi and have fun. Your Bronco will do everything you said you want to do and then some with a zero dollar outlay.

What are these pre-runners you speak of?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something in a +3” is what I’m thinking of for the prerunners.

https://www.bajakits.com/i-31570316-2021-ford-bronco-3-prerunner-kit.html?ref=category:1459200

I agree that the Sasquatch package can do most of what is specified. If you want to upgrade start looking at replacement coilover kits. I don’t think it’s necessary to go wider than stock to get decent performance. My 87 Bronco was stock width with 16” of travel and worked great with the suspension I built from scratch.
Ford Bronco How do you decide on what Suspension? IMG_4120

Sponsored

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lots of good advice here, and no one’s mentioned resale questions from future buyers, ford warranty, and rhe rat hole that is one mod after the next once you get going…etc, etc.

Makes sense, you own an “upgraded” suspension already, use it, find its limits for your goals, break it, maybe, and then upgrade it to meet what you know rather than think you want the bronco to do. Bank that money in lithium stocks now for your future electric bronco upgrade.

OP
OP
I.Vegabond

I.Vegabond

Badlands
First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks guys! I got the Squatch because I knew it would be more capable, but seeing the pre-runners jump and other videos I've seen where each tire runs independently to stabilize the body is what I drool over.
I took a pretty hard hit and nose dived on one dune, Bronco took it like a champ (factory modular front bumper and bash plate are 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻) - but I'd just like a less "bumpy" ride overall.

Vidoes of the pre-runners and my nose dive attached

OP
OP
I.Vegabond

I.Vegabond

Badlands
First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something in a +3” is what I’m thinking of for the prerunners.

https://www.bajakits.com/i-31570316-2021-ford-bronco-3-prerunner-kit.html?ref=category:1459200

I agree that the Sasquatch package can do most of what is specified. If you want to upgrade start looking at replacement coilover kits. I don’t think it’s necessary to go wider than stock to get decent performance. My 87 Bronco was stock width with 16” of travel and worked great with the suspension I built from scratch.
Ford Bronco How do you decide on what Suspension? FullSizeRender
This is super helpful, just the kind of advice I was looking for, thanks!

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can get some king, radflo, king, Fox, icon…coil overs in the $5k range…should make a big difference…sell the Sasquatch ones for a little profit.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Upgrading to aftermarket shocks can definitely help with performance off-road. If you plan to hit the sand a lot, those stock shocks are going to get punished. Custom tuned shocks like we offer will help control those large bumps and washboard chatter. Like mentioned above, it wont magically become a pre-runner, but it will be a big change over stock. Not only off-road, but on the street too. Those pre-runners are mostly purpose built and will drive very rough on the street (if they are street legal). Shoot us a PM if you have any questions about Fox or King if those are options you would be interested in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
I.Vegabond

I.Vegabond

Badlands
First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Upgrading to aftermarket shocks can definitely help with performance off-road. If you plan to hit the sand a lot, those stock shocks are going to get punished. Custom tuned shocks like we offer will help control those large bumps and washboard chatter. Like mentioned above, it wont magically become a pre-runner, but it will be a big change over stock. Not only off-road, but on the street too. Those pre-runners are mostly purpose built and will drive very rough on the street (if they are street legal). Shoot us a PM if you have any questions about Fox or King if those are options you would be interested in.
Thank you so much! Time to dive into this article. Ill definitely have questions!

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We'd love to help you out. We run and sell ADS (Arizona Desert Shocks). They are awesome and the best out of the box factory replacement kit I have seen. They run dual rate rear springs, have separate part numbers for 2 and four door and we consult with you to see if we need to make any changes prior to shipping your kit. We run with a TRX and built GMC prerunner and always amaze them with the performance of the Bronco with the ADS kit on it. As mentioned before, it is not long travel or a prerunner but does increase travel and performance on and off road. We've had several customers remove their Fox Hoss 3.0 and replace them with ADS and have received great feedback. Some of those customers are on here and may chime in.
Ford Bronco How do you decide on what Suspension? IMG_5034 (1)
Ford Bronco How do you decide on what Suspension? IMG_5562 (1)
Ford Bronco How do you decide on what Suspension? IMG_5575 (1)
Ford Bronco How do you decide on what Suspension? IMG_5298

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why did you buy Sasquatch if you are going to replace it?
I did it for the 4.7 final drive.. also was able to sell my wheels/tires and suspension for about $2500 to help pay for the upgrades 👍
Sponsored