Sponsored

How do you like your Icon 2.5 exp shocks?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks man….im definitely a king fan myself. I have them on my 68 as well…do the heritage flairs pop off as easy as the rounded ones? With no tools? I’m pretty sure I could run the 40s. I would have to limit the uptravel quite a bit and the axles would never survive….in my opinion 37s push the limits of them.
Man a 68 as well? NICE!

I think my axles will be okay... the only concern I have is the housing,,,, well that is not quite true but... I am going to truss the 220, Looking at Barnes right now, and I am have a much heavier cover that will help reinforce across the pumpkin. I have hardened 35 spline rears that I think will hold up fine since I have the portal gearing on the outside of those... Twisting them will not be a problem. The 210 fronts though... Again I have the regear outside of the CVs but is that 1.22 gearing enough? That is the $1000 question. As long as I am not bouncing and hammering it, .... I hope so...

Yes the flares have the same quick release all the other flares come with. My track width is outside the flares though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mdsuits

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man a 68 as well? NICE!

I think my axles will be okay... the only concern I have is the housing,,,, well that is not quite true but... I am going to truss the 220, Looking at Barnes right now, and I am have a much heavier cover that will help reinforce across the pumpkin. I have hardened 35 spline rears that I think will hold up fine since I have the portal gearing on the outside of those... Twisting them will not be a problem. The 210 fronts though... Again I have the regear outside of the CVs but is that 1.22 gearing enough? That is the $1000 question. As long as I am not bouncing and hammering it, .... I hope so...

Yes the flares have the same quick release all the other flares come with. My track width is outside the flares though.
Oh sweet. I actually know which bronco is yours now from the portal threads. I love the robins egg blue….the cromo full float shafts with the portals will certainly help. Ring and pinion and the housing would be the weak points…front I would be looking at rcvs. I’ll be curious how it all holds up.

I was just curious….I imagine we are similar widths. Apg long arm is +3.5”

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Oh sweet. I actually know which bronco is yours now from the portal threads. I love the robins egg blue….the cromo full float shafts with the portals will certainly help. Ring and pinion and the housing would be the weak points…front I would be looking at rcvs. I’ll be curious how it all holds up.

I was just curious….I imagine we are similar widths. Apg long arm is +3.5”
My calculations show that the torsion on the ring and pinion should not really be that much greater than stock. Remember I have the 1.22 gear reduction on anything coming back through the axle to the differential gears. There is more weight at a greater leverage distance but once reduced the torsional force should be more like running a 37 or 38 on the ring. The housing though... Yeah that needs to be reinforced. so truss across the top and I am leaning toward the DV8 skid covering the entire bottom and thinking I might be able to somehow tie the housing to it. Almost boxing it in. I am very worried about the housing. Up front you may be right about the RCVs... That or the Spicers... I am just not overly sold on either. Both are a step up but I am not convinced they are that big a step. My hand may end up getting forced there though. we will see.

Your long arms are 3.5 per side right? so yes almost exactly the same. You just have significantly better articulation.

OP
OP
Mdsuits

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My calculations show that the torsion on the ring and pinion should not really be that much greater than stock. Remember I have the 1.22 gear reduction on anything coming back through the axle to the differential gears. There is more weight at a greater leverage distance but once reduced the torsional force should be more like running a 37 or 38 on the ring. The housing though... Yeah that needs to be reinforced. so truss across the top and I am leaning toward the DV8 skid covering the entire bottom and thinking I might be able to somehow tie the housing to it. Almost boxing it in. I am very worried about the housing. Up front you may be right about the RCVs... That or the Spicers... I am just not overly sold on either. Both are a step up but I am not convinced they are that big a step. My hand may end up getting forced there though. we will see.

Your long arms are 3.5 per side right? so yes almost exactly the same. You just have significantly better articulation.
That is true….rcvs are made with 300m and are warrantied up to a 40” tire.

Correct

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That is true….rcvs are made with 300m and are warrantied up to a 40” tire.

Correct
So they say... a couple of guys had some issues with them at first release but are now trying them out V2.... I am following to see how they do.
Sponsored