Sponsored

Which shocks will be the most comfortable on the highway. Fox 2.5 Coilover Reservoir Shock, King 2.5 Remote Reservoir Shocks, or Icon Stage 4 or 5?

RJones

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am new to the off roading world and just bought a 2021 Badlands non-sasquatch. My goal is to make it very capable off road, but since this will be my main vehicle, I want the most comfortable ride in the city. I am aware that these are adjustable, but since I have no experience, I would like your input on which one rides the smoothest for day-to-day without giving up performance.

What else should I be aware of with these types of shocks? How often will they need to be maintained or rebuilt? Any suggestions and feedback to a new enthusiast would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All three option will be an improvement over stock. All three are adjustable so the tuning is the key to your comfort.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are more factors than just the suspension. Such as tire compounds as well as psi you run in your tires. The fox and king will both ride extremely well depending on your choice of spring weight for what the bronco will have on it such as armor(bumpers and skids) and added weight. All the suspensions with adjusters have the ability to allow you to adjust for a supper plush ride on the street or for a firm ride for off road situations. Personally it’s down to either fox, kings or radflo for me. I will never buy another icon product again with their customer service and sub par quality in product. I’ve had kings in the past and I can attest to their quality as well as their customer service. Their knowledge in the field and product they make and sell are bar none.

OP
OP
RJones

RJones

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are more factors than just the suspension. Such as tire compounds as well as psi you run in your tires. The fox and king will both ride extremely well depending on your choice of spring weight for what the bronco will have on it such as armor(bumpers and skids) and added weight. All the suspensions with adjusters have the ability to allow you to adjust for a supper plush ride on the street or for a firm ride for off road situations. Personally it’s down to either fox, kings or radflo for me. I will never buy another icon product again with their customer service and sub par quality in product. I’ve had kings in the past and I can attest to their quality as well as their customer service. Their knowledge in the field and product they make and sell are bar none.
Thanks for the insight! I think I am torn between King and Fox. I have Silver Bronco and not sure I want the bright blue Kings to mess with my black on silver color combo. Might end up doing the Fox with EVO control arms

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the insight! I think I am torn between King and Fox. I have Silver Bronco and not sure I want the bright blue Kings to mess with my black on silver color combo. Might end up doing the Fox with EVO control arms
You can order them custom in your own color choice. I’ve been eyeing fox because they make 3.0 coilovers. But emagine teaming those 3.0 bodies with dsc valved external reservoirs. That would be amazing! Also waiting to see what carli suspension does with kings and how they valve them.

OP
OP
RJones

RJones

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can order them custom in your own color choice. I’ve been eyeing fox because they make 3.0 coilovers. But emagine teaming those 3.0 bodies with dsc valved external reservoirs. That would be amazing! Also waiting to see what carli suspension does with kings and how they valve them.
Oh wow! That may change things. Thanks for that
Sponsored