Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. 6 is on the way, I'll get 7 and 8 ordered and should be set.

I haven't been able to find 8..keeps saying discontinued. Unless I'm looking up the wrong item. If you have a part #, can you pass it along?

Dusty, any idea how much a rebuild would be for these? Also, although ICON says they are tuned for the Bronco, is a shock dyno included?
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't been able to find 8..keeps saying discontinued. Unless I'm looking up the wrong item. If you have a part #, can you pass it along?

Dusty, any idea how much a rebuild would be for these? Also, although ICON says they are tuned for the Bronco, is a shock dyno included?
MB3Z-18A099-A I think? I was going to go into Ford and have them look it up then use my FordPass points.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All of our shocks go on the dyno but I don't think we place an individual report in the box or anything like that. I think it's more of a pass/fail test, but I'll admit I don't know much about that part of the process and this is pretty much just me guessing. If you need a definitive answer to that, send an email to [email protected], he's our customer service guy who's most dialed in on everything Bronco-related. I wouldn't mind looking into it myself for you but I'm not actually there today, as I'm home packing gear to head out to Super Cel in Colorado. Scott can also quote you on the rebuild price. We also have rebuild parts if you either want to DIY or have a local shop do it.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

MB3Z-18A099-A I think? I was going to go into Ford and have them look it up then use my FordPass points.
Yo Dick I'm curious what you're trying to accomplish? Are you going from Hitachi's and trying to do EXP's with the spring from the Bilstein? Or trying to keep your Bilsteins whole for resale?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yo Dick I'm curious what you're trying to accomplish? Are you going from Hitachi's and trying to do EXP's with the spring from the Bilstein? Or trying to keep your Bilsteins whole for resale?
Trying to keep the Bilsteins whole. I figure it will cut down on Bronco downtime and be easier to resell. In hindsight I should have just ordered assembled coilovers but what's done is done.

Sponsored

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of our shocks go on the dyno but I don't think we place an individual report in the box or anything like that. I think it's more of a pass/fail test, but I'll admit I don't know much about that part of the process and this is pretty much just me guessing. If you need a definitive answer to that, send an email to [email protected], he's our customer service guy who's most dialed in on everything Bronco-related. I wouldn't mind looking into it myself for you but I'm not actually there today, as I'm home packing gear to head out to Super Cel in Colorado. Scott can also quote you on the rebuild price. We also have rebuild parts if you either want to DIY or have a local shop do it.
I had a similar thought process as Tricky Dick...build my own coilers from these so that during servicing or an emergency, I could just throw the OEM Bilsteins back on without disassembly/reassembly.

The shock dyno tells what's going on during rebound and compression for both low speed and high speed shock shaft inputs. Since no two shocks are exactly alike out of the box, getting them dyno matched ensures each shock responds the same from rebound/compression. I would consider it one of the most important characteristics when buying shocks. Since the dyno has to take into account the spring rate and these use the OEM springs, I figured that would make it easier to produce a shock dyno. Typically, you have to have it custom matched based on what spring rate you go with, vehicle weight, what you are using the vehicle for etc.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a similar thought process as Tricky Dick...build my own coilers from these so that during servicing or an emergency, I could just throw the OEM Bilsteins back on without disassembly/reassembly.

The shock dyno tells what's going on during rebound and compression for both low speed and high speed shock shaft inputs. Since no two shocks are exactly alike out of the box, getting them dyno matched ensures each shock responds the same from rebound/compression. I would consider it one of the most important characteristics when buying shocks. Since the dyno has to take into account the spring rate and these use the OEM springs, I figured that would make it easier to produce a shock dyno. Typically, you have to have it custom matched based on what spring rate you go with, vehicle weight, what you are using the vehicle for etc.
Yeah that stuff is all over my head. If you want better info on that please contact Scott at the email address I gave earlier.

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was the same part number I previously tried. Everywhere I look it says discontinued.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was the same part number I previously tried. Everywhere I look it says discontinued.
That's what my dealer used. Only got one from them because the mark up was terrible. It's about a week out.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much appreciated!
They sent me this message today.

Hello it appears one of the parts on your order has been replaced by a new part number, the caps new part number is "MB3Z18A099E", however this part is on back order until "Date Off B/O: 11/15/22", would you like to remove the cap and keep the insulator on order?

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That probably explains all the "part discontinued" messages I was seeing on other dealer websites.
Sponsored