Sponsored

How far back does the 2-door soft top fold?

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question. I watched the video on the four door soft top (accessory one not factory one) and when they showed how it folded back it only folded back on top of itself over the top of the storage area. It did not show if it folded further and laid fully open on top of the rear gate. So my question does the two door soft top fold only over top of the storage area or does it fold all the way back onto the rear gate?
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The former

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question. I watched the video on the four door soft top (accessory one not factory one) and when they showed how it folded back it only folded back on top of itself over the top of the storage area. It did not show if it folded further and laid fully open on top of the rear gate. So my question does the two door soft top fold only over top of the storage area or does it fold all the way back onto the rear gate?
Soft top is not an option on 2021MY 2DR Broncos. Might be in 2022MY

OP
OP

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks I was speaking of the accessory one I realize there is not a factory one. But seems I have the answer it does not fold all the way back on the gate. Seems to me this being the case and not being all the way back the biggest advantage then is only like having a tent top not a total convertible top.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree I wish the accessory 2 door soft top went all the way down like a convertible, so I’m hoping to see a fully convertible 2 door soft top in the aftermarket after launch. But, I’m a bit worried that the 2 door’s boron steel roll bar is too far back to allow enough room to store a folded top between the bar and the spare tire. There’s only a few inches to store all of the top material.

525A0640-1760-460A-B890-606C0785D8CD.jpeg

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like its only the fastback one that doesn’t fold all the way down. The normal factory one does and I would tend to think if there is a 2 door one that isn’t fast back it would also fold all the way down. That’s just my opinion, no way to know until they come out with it.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't see where that top would fold down to on the 2door, look at the photo Jarrett posted. It really could only sit on top of the 3rd brake light and spare tire, not a good idea.

I'm also not a fan of the Bestop fastback one shown recently, I'm not gonna make my cargo area smaller than it is already and a soft top that doesn't fold all the way down is not something I'd want. I'm getting a 4door, might add the Ford soft top eventually (getting MIC only now), not sure.
Ideally I'd want a sun rider from Bestop that opens over both rows of seats, the tiny front only one they off now is pointless to me. Sadly they told me that for now they have no plan to make a two row sunrider top. I'd love soft top on top and keep the rear shell with real windows. Hopefully aftermarket will deliver that.

OP
OP

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you analyze it with the hard top you take off the top front and put it in the back of the bronco. So you have no door pillars and the top is open right to the front of the back seat. No taking off windows and back glass to lay it back. If you take the soft top on a 2 door it barely folds any meaningful opening then the hard top. But to do you have to take off the back window and the side windows and fold back to no much further than the hard top with the front panel off. So this leaves the only advantage for sending 2000+ dollars for a Bimini top since it cannot fold like a convertible top all the way off. See no advantage unless you simply like the look better but more hassle than just using a hard top.

Cohiba

Outer Banks
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Best top in the only fold back position with side and rear panels on. The side and rear panels can be removed, but the top stays in that top fold back position.

Ford Bronco How far back does the 2-door soft top fold? 20220618_145904
Sponsored