Sponsored

How long did it take to receive retail price protection?

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those who received retail price protection, how long did it take to receive your check? Or did anyone have their dealer refuse the standard retail protection? I’ve had the worst dealer experience imaginable, so I’m starting to wonder if my $1600 just “disappeared”.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer just applied the discount to my sale price, so I didn't have to mess with it. I will say that I had an awesome dealer experience.
That seems to be the norm. Every other dealer I’ve talked to afterwards said they apply it up front and add a paper to assign the check to them. My dealer for this deal said they’d never heard of it and even with screenshots of ford chat and the ford website, said they’d only pay it back if they got paid by Ford. Very disappointed with them, and have been holding out on leaving a bunch of bad reviews about all the hassles they gave me for various things until I see if they get me that money back.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s all confusing to me… so I basically gave up on the whole thing. It would be nice if I could just call someone to see if I’m owed anything and just get a straight answer.

swmetal

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8 vette
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer, Mullinax, had me sign a paper that they would send me the price protection check when/if they receive it from Ford. They said takes up to 60 days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s all confusing to me… so I basically gave up on the whole thing. It would be nice if I could just call someone to see if I’m owed anything and just get a straight answer.
I think part of this falls on Ford for not being clear with their dealers, but it also has shown which dealers stand by their promises and which ones are out to take advantage any way they can. I’d have fought harder up front but they called in the middle of us talking it out and told me I had 48 hours to buy my Bronco or they’d sell it to someone else.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm currently at week 5 waiting on mine through SAC. I'll start getting antsy on a couple more weeks. It's no small sum and I will hound somebody until I get what's owed if that's what it takes.

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer applied the price protection on my paperwork before I signed.

guest001

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer just applied the discount to my sale price, so I didn't have to mess with it. I will say that I had an awesome dealer experience.
Same here

OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm currently at week 5 waiting on mine through SAC. I'll start getting antsy on a couple more weeks. It's no small sum and I will hound somebody until I get what's owed if that's what it takes.
Same here. I’ll be at 60 days on Friday and haven’t heard a peep. If I don’t see it soon, I’ll be exploring all options as far as what I can do about it.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

About about a month. New Ford rep couldn't figure it out..

OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update: emailed my sales person at the dealer. They gave me their Ford rep’s email and told me to take it up with him directly. We’ll see what happens with that.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The bad part about not getting the price protection on the front end is now you are also paying more tax on the vehicle.

OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bad part about not getting the price protection on the front end is now you are also paying more tax on the vehicle.
I’d happily give up that $100-150 to get my $1600, walk away, and keep away from that dealer at all costs. At this point I’d rather walk the rest of my life than give them another sale.
Sponsored