Sponsored

How long did it take to receive retail price protection?

MCOBronco6

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer, Mullinax, had me sign a paper that they would send me the price protection check when/if they receive it from Ford. They said takes up to 60 days.
Would you mind letting us know which Mullinax location this was? I am dealing with Apopka, and I would like to ensure I have that same form to complete at delivery. Thank you!
Sponsored

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why is this even a issue? The only sensible way to do it is rebate at purchase. Why would Ford want to cut checks?

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why is this even a issue? The only sensible way to do it is rebate at purchase. Why would Ford want to cut checks?

Correct.
I spoke with Bronco 800 hotline this morning and they stated the dealer is to apply the discount directly to the sale price, then they (the dealer) receives a credit on their monthly statement from Ford. Ford does not cut checks to individuals and the purchaser is not responsible for paying the price protection amount while the dealer is awaiting reimbursement. The rebate is issued (again, to the dealer) once Ford confirms the vehicle was sold to the reservation holder.

OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct.
I spoke with Bronco 800 hotline this morning and they stated the dealer is to apply the discount directly to the sale price, then they (the dealer) receives a credit on their monthly statement from Ford. Ford does not cut checks to individuals and the purchaser is not responsible for paying the price protection amount while the dealer is awaiting reimbursement. The rebate is issued (again, to the dealer) once Ford confirms the vehicle was sold to the reservation holder.
Which is right, as long as dealers are willing to abide by it. Most dealers are, but sadly mine is not. I’m almost 90 days in and still haven’t received a cent of it. They came back and said they finally got it on their august books, but it’s only $574. When I asked the dealer (with the zone rep in copy) why it was only $574 when my price was $1600 more than our original agreement, I got met with silence. I’m not even sure where that number came from or what my next step is at this point.

swmetal

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8 vette
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would you mind letting us know which Mullinax location this was? I am dealing with Apopka, and I would like to ensure I have that same form to complete at delivery. Thank you!
It is Mullinax in West Palm Beach

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct.
Thanks for posting this!

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which is right, as long as dealers are willing to abide by it. Most dealers are, but sadly mine is not. I’m almost 90 days in and still haven’t received a cent of it. They came back and said they finally got it on their august books, but it’s only $574. When I asked the dealer (with the zone rep in copy) why it was only $574 when my price was $1600 more than our original agreement, I got met with silence. I’m not even sure where that number came from or what my next step is at this point.
That sucks. They really don't have an option. I'd get Ford involved.
The lesser amount they saw was the invoiced rebate... they only get reimbursed for what they were invoiced. They made/took profit on something that they were reimbursed for - or never existed.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer applied it to the selling price.

At first they thought I wasn't eligible for it due to changing from a OBX to a base in December of '21, I let them know that this was not correct and only applied if the change was made after March of '22. They called Ford and the price protection was then correctly applied.

OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sucks. They really don't have an option. I'd get Ford involved.
The lesser amount they saw was the invoiced rebate... they only get reimbursed for what they were invoiced. They made/took profit on something that they were reimbursed for - or never existed.
That was my thinking. I have the zone rep in on the email thread with the dealer and he has been silent as well. I’ll certainly never do business with this dealer again.

Ghiaguy0

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150 Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still waiting on mine. Dealer said takes 120 days. Its been over that.

Sponsored

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would they have you sign a paper that they are going to send you a check? Wouldn't they be the ones signing it? Promissory note so to speak would be signed by them to give you the money once they (dealer) has it.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer just applied the discount to my sale price, so I didn't have to mess with it. I will say that I had an awesome dealer experience.
ditto....

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer, Garnet Ford (West Chester, PA), would send emails with updates saying I had price protection, and emphasized it. When I went to get delivery of my Bronco, however, it was a different story...
"oh, no we're not doing that, we don't trust Ford to reimburse us"...
Me then saying that price protection was in email communications...
Them: "you either buy it or we sell it"

Will never buy another vehicle from them.
They also didn't detail my Bronco in the least bit before delivery.
All they did was put tire shine on it... After I asked for none.

Salesman also didn't know sh*t about the Bronco even though he had one.

Not a good experience.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who received retail price protection, how long did it take to receive your check? Or did anyone have their dealer refuse the standard retail protection? I’ve had the worst dealer experience imaginable, so I’m starting to wonder if my $1600 just “disappeared”.
Mine was reflected in the price I paid from the dealer. Was about $3000 on mine. No issues.

OP
OP
Broncobuster13

Broncobuster13

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer, Garnet Ford (West Chester, PA), would send emails with updates saying I had price protection, and emphasized it. When I went to get delivery of my Bronco, however, it was a different story...
"oh, no we're not doing that, we don't trust Ford to reimburse us"...
Me then saying that price protection was in email communications...
Them: "you either buy it or we sell it"

Will never buy another vehicle from them.
They also didn't detail my Bronco in the least bit before delivery.
All they did was put tire shine on it... After I asked for none.

Salesman also didn't know sh*t about the Bronco even though he had one.

Not a good experience.
Very similar to mine. I sent all my email threads and screenshots of texts to the corporate experience rep and am waiting to hear back from them before I start leaving bad reviews online
Sponsored