Sponsored

How many get built weekly?

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / Mercedes E350 (2014)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry all if a dumb question, I'm totally new this whole process of ordering a car, and I'm 50 years old!

I'm curious though, how many Broncos does Ford build in a week on average lately? I see the other thread showing unscheduled retail orders at 4,000+ (although not sure what all of that means). I'm just curious on average how big the mountain of orders is compared to how many get built in a week's time?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I donā€™t know the numbers but order away, theyā€™re pumping them out pretty fast. Or wait a couple months and get a smoking deal on one already on the dealership lot.

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I also just my first new car and Iā€™m 47. Kind of wish I did this years ago.

I think the plant can build 8-10k in a month. (Please correct me if I am wrong)If all of the parts and pieces were available they could have everything on the USOB built in less than a month. But itā€™s more complicated than thatā€¦.soā€¦you can pray, call your dealer, or plan your list of things to trick out your new ride.

hereā€™s some good news. Hopefully they donā€™t just put all the FNGs on a shift together.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...meet-demand-for-bronco-and-ranger--reduc.html

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Sorry all if a dumb question, I'm totally new this whole process of ordering a car, and I'm 50 years old!

I'm curious though, how many Broncos does Ford build in a week on average lately? I see the other thread showing unscheduled retail orders at 4,000+ (although not sure what all of that means). I'm just curious on average how big the mountain of orders is compared to how many get built in a week's time?

Thanks!!
It varies (Based on window sticker numbers)

My build week had 1985.

The cycle two weeks prior had 683.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being in automotive manufacturing, just know as the process smooths over time it gets faster and faster.... until a major model change... then back to a crawl... for a time.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m 64 and this Bronco is my first new vehicle. I was never willing to swallow the first day depreciation of a new car. Usually bought 1 year old or fully depreciated high-end vehicles with 100k on the clock.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford builds anywhere from 7000-12000 Broncos a month. Average is probably around 8500 month, but we havenā€™t seen Februaryā€™s numbers yet I donā€™t think.

I would anticipate that going down a smidgen as Ranger production picks upā€”but once Michigan Assembly Plantā€™s third shift is fully online (may already be), Bronco production shouldnā€™t be impacted.

Obviously Ford can only produce vehicles they have parts for, so if 4000 of those unscheduled orders need the same part thatā€™s in short supply, not all 4000 of those orders will get built in the same month. The open production slots will be given to dealerships for their stock vehicles that get placed on dealer lots.

And then of course you have dealer allocations and a bunch of other factors to worry about. But regardlessā€¦ someone who places an order today should have a relatively good chance of getting their Bronco by summer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nc211

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, ok that's a lot, and good to hear! Curious if anyone knows how many orders in general are on the docket at this point? You can see where I'm going with this... Just try to gauge the balance of orders pending vs capability these days in general, ignoring the other elements like part constraints and dealer allocations. Thanks all, I greatly appreciate the education here!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, ok that's a lot, and good to hear! Curious if anyone knows how many orders in general are on the docket at this point? You can see where I'm going with this... Just try to gauge the balance of orders pending vs capability these days in general, ignoring the other elements like part constraints and dealer allocations. Thanks all, I greatly appreciate the education here!
Thereā€™s about 4000 unscheduled orders left. Beginning of February there was around 5500 orders left.

They donā€™t report on how many new orders were submitted to the order banks. But regardlessā€¦ net 1500 reduction in unscheduled orders in one monthā€™s time.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you order a 2DR Heritage V6 it could take years. Ask me how I know.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nc211

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you!! This is very interesting!!
Ok, so, is it safe to assume that, since my order went in on 12/26 and has not been scheduled yet, that I am part of the 4,000 at the moment, in addition to the 15,000 above from BlueBronco that have been scheduled? Assuming no hiccups for parts or allocation limits to the dealer, and assuming they build relatively close to first in first out, then I could expect a schedule email pretty soon?

I see the comments about the hardtop window recall. Any insight if we now have a delay on hardtops in general?

Mine is a 24 OB non-sas, lux, tow, aux switch, 4.27, 2.7ā€¦dual top..

Thanks all!! This is awesome!
Sponsored