Sponsored

How many original Golden ticket holders still just holding piece of paper?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Day 1 GT, nada nada poo poo. Dealer only received 2 allocations. neither has shown up. He's bought some by paying over msrp and sold them with a high markup. Dealer knows less than we do. The support line is useless unless you just want sympathy.
This sucks. FMCs use of GTs was massive misrepresentation as your experience shows. Your dealer could have offered you one of their vehicles at their cost but won't in the given market.

Dealer volume rules period as to getting allocations. Specialty Vehicles have a special/manual allocation process but all dealers should have a rough idea of how many Specialty Vehicles of each type they can get each month/year.

FMC CAN NOT and will not help. It's up to each dealer to work on allocations with FMC and communicate that to you.

Best of luck. I suggest switching dealers immediately and going with the largest you can.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, when I originally got on the reservation list, hour one, day one the system automatically put me with the nearest dealer even though there are two about the same distance. One is HUGE and one is small. The system put me with the small dealership. Iā€™m definitely happy with the small dealer BUT I still donā€™t have my Golden Ticket Raptor. Ford Motor Company, in my opinion, is 100% to blame.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, when I originally got on the reservation list, hour one, day one the system automatically put me with the nearest dealer even though there are two about the same distance. One is HUGE and one is small. The system put me with the small dealership. Iā€™m definitely happy with the small dealer BUT I still donā€™t have my Golden Ticket Raptor. Ford Motor Company, in my opinion, is 100% to blame.
FMC not anticipating demand for the Braptor is their fault. FMC having a screwed up supply chain for Bronco is their fault (plus COVID, obviously). How FMC allocates to dealers based on volume and associated formulae is their explicit choice, not their fault. FMC creating a very misleading GT system is their fault.

You accepting your GT auto assignment is, in part your fault. We must be educated about critical factors when trying to buy scarce goods.

The lack of communication between you and your dealer (for years) is their and your fault.

Situation definitely sucks. But all parties are culpable to different aspects.

Last edited:

Green Giant

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure how those of us holding GT's empty handed are to blame. There was zero explanation given regarding allocations and how it would work when you had to lock your order in. None.

Wish I had just taken price protection on my original plan, a 2 door.

Not holding my breath anymore. Ford is a damn clownshow. A friend of mine works there in Supply Chain. My understanding is that any purchase, ANY purchase by Ford from a supplier over 10k has to be approved at the Exec VP/C suite level.

I do have a nice pile of marketing pieces and Bronco trinkets I was sent since my Day 1 deposit went in.

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure how those of us holding GT's empty handed are to blame. There was zero explanation given regarding allocations and how it would work when you had to lock your order in. None.

Wish I had just taken price protection on my original plan, a 2 door.

Not holding my breath anymore. Ford is a damn clownshow. A friend of mine works there in Supply Chain. My understanding is that any purchase, ANY purchase by Ford from a supplier over 10k has to be approved at the Exec VP/C suite level.

I do have a nice pile of marketing pieces and Bronco trinkets I was sent since my Day 1 deposit went in.
Well at least youā€™ve got that to help remember this fiasco. All I got was one deck of cheap playing cards. šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pouring salt on my open wounds. Just got an email inviting me to bring my Raptor to the Raptor OffRodeo. Well, I donā€™t have a Raptor and by the sounds of it I never will. I originally signed paperwork to pay $85,064.20 back in March of 2022. I reluctantly signed paperwork for the model year change that brought the total price up to $91,244. Now Iā€™m hearing because Iā€™m not even close to being scheduled for production Iā€™m not eligible for price protection. Without price protection my order is now $105,564.60. Thatā€™s $20,500 more than I originally agreed. For the same damn truck! Same graphics package year over year. Even though itā€™s a new model year itā€™s the same graphics package? Thatā€™s just dumb. Even my Snowmobiles I buy change the damn graphics year over year even when thereā€™s no significant change to the sled.

FORD YOU SUCK!!!!!!

0C923FBE-2B2D-40B2-8CCE-72BBB5E60C75.png

7FC4BC22-69F4-4A67-B066-644DE31A8EE1.png
Sponsored