Sponsored

How many original Golden ticket holders still just holding piece of paper?

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
just wondering how many of the original golden ticket holders are still just holding a worthless piece of paper?

I am. Who else?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
what’s your story?
Day one, hour one reservation holder and still nadda. Heard dealer gets update reports, not sure if weekly or monthly but he happened to look at one a few months ago and it said Raptor allocations 0. He had two original hand raisers and one dealer ordered one. He contacted the rep and they said he had none. He explained the two hand raisers, both of which were day one, hour one reservation holders and the rep said he’d get back with him. The rep came back saying that the issue with the reservations had happened all across the country and that the two units would be built this year but his dealer ordered unit to sell has been canceled. That was about two months ago and I still haven’t heard shit. Another summer going by without my Raptor and if it gets pushed to 2024 and I’m not grandfathered on the price I’m going to have to pass. When this whole process started the base price was, what, $68,500? I think it’s quite a bit higher than that now.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never even got a piece of actual paper. :LOL:
So I dont even have that to hold.

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe there is a manual component where your dealer selects which raptor order to build. In that case they can manually order a raptor for a client who has agreed to pay ADM ahead of yours (or so I assume).

i placed my 23MY order in 22 when order banks first opened. My dealer called multiple times offering to build my raptor if I removed an option, which I declined. In March the dealer called and said they will select my bronco to be built, and the build date updated to May the next day.

Now I am waiting for a build complete update, but the truck will supposedly be done soon.

Sponsored

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I feel for you guys, I was a day one golden ticket holder as well, I finally got my raptor in January of this year.
it was a painful process I paid MSRP. the dealer was great but Ford not so much. this is my first Ford and it will be my last, because of this whole ordering fiasco not the truck.

You don’t treat someone who spends $80,000+ on a vehicle with no communication, confusing price structure, increase prices, no communication, Dealer doesn’t even know really what’s going on because of Fords lack of communication, and expect a repeat customer

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very strange how this works. I really do not understand it at all.

I just decided one day in Mar 22 that I wanted a Bronco. I didn’t really know anything about the process - having never talked to a dealership. Nor even so much as sat in a Bronco for that matter. Just got a wild hair to buy one. So I went to Ford.com and completed the “Build My Bronco” page. Next day, I got a call from the local Ford dealership telling me that it would be about a year to deliver. Which I had heard from reading the news so this was expected. Gave him my credit card over the phone to put $1K down as a deposit. Then went about my life as normal. Almost exactly 1 year later (Feb 23) I got my Bronco.

It was only the end of last year as my build date was approaching that I became active on this board. And I started reading all these horror stories about guys waiting 2 and 3 years and still hearing nothing.

I still can’t figure out why some people get their Bronco in less than a year while others are still waiting 2-3 years later.

It’s not constraints. That changes monthly. For a while it was hard tops. Then chips. Then tow. Then roof racks. Whatever. Eventually, whatever was constrained stops being constrained and Bronco’s roll off the line.

And I can’t see it being dealer allocations for 3 years??? C’mon. Sure, if you’re a small dealer you get less allocation but you also have fewer customers. If you’ve got 100 customers wanting a Bronco - I’d assume your allocations would be assigned proportionately.

I’d be demanding answers from Ford as to “WHY” other people are getting built and I’m still waiting after 3 years.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was just thinking about this last night! day 2 res got mine 11/5/21 I had it way before anyone near me but just last moth I was talking to someone in town that was still waiting I think he said day 1 res too

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Going out on a limb to say your dealership used your GT allocation for someone else. The GT program provided that dealer with an actual allocation which should be used for your order, well we know how that went for 22. Its a bit better with COVP for 23s but those left behind are in limbo.

I was at a decent size dealership with good allocations, they only got two braptors built for 22. I was either the third or forth one built as a 23. I know for a fact there were other dealerships that got much more, I have no idea how Ford decided to play that game, it wasn't evenly distributed.

Last edited:

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was a day one golden ticket on mine. My dealer got only 1 golden ticket and 2 allocations. I received mine 10/14/2022. I saw last month the dealer finally got their 2 allocations. I was instrumental with the GM and told him to put my allocation as a 10 on the build sheet back when I placed the order. I’m not positive but it seems like that is how I got mine so early. There was a long stretch before I saw another Braptor in my area. I still have only seen 1 other actually driving.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You don't get Price Protection from year to year anyway. If you were to get one in 2023. You are on the hook for the $5,280 increase from 2022 to 2023.

Also you have not been scheduled and thus not invoiced which means you are on the hook for the $12500 increase in 2023.

Day one, hour one reservation holder and still nadda. Heard dealer gets update reports, not sure if weekly or monthly but he happened to look at one a few months ago and it said Raptor allocations 0. He had two original hand raisers and one dealer ordered one. He contacted the rep and they said he had none. He explained the two hand raisers, both of which were day one, hour one reservation holders and the rep said he’d get back with him. The rep came back saying that the issue with the reservations had happened all across the country and that the two units would be built this year but his dealer ordered unit to sell has been canceled. That was about two months ago and I still haven’t heard shit. Another summer going by without my Raptor and if it gets pushed to 2024 and I’m not grandfathered on the price I’m going to have to pass. When this whole process started the base price was, what, $68,500? I think it’s quite a bit higher than that now.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This topic has been extensively discussed here on the forum. It's all about the dealer, period. GTs are meaningless without an allocation. You must go to a large dealer to get a Ford Specialty Vehicle in a reasonable amount of time.

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This topic has been extensively discussed here on the forum. It's all about the dealer, period. GTs are meaningless without an allocation. You must go to a large dealer to get a Ford Specialty Vehicle in a reasonable amount of time.
I think that is what causes ppl to ask questions. In one thread they say sticker price is king, in another ppl say the Ford.com price is achievable through back-end rebates between the dealer and Ford, only available for GT holders.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Day 1 GT, nada nada poo poo. Dealer only received 2 allocations. neither has shown up. He's bought some by paying over msrp and sold them with a high markup. Dealer knows less than we do. The support line is useless unless you just want sympathy.
Sponsored