Sponsored

Can non Golden Ticket holders keep their original reservation?

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Haven't had had a chance to ask my dealer this yet as I just got the allocation offer on Saturday...

But is there any reason that someone who was not a golden ticket holder but is purchasing a Raptor allocation from their dealer can't keep their original reservation? It would seem like a win-win as the dealership still gets to sell both... But on that note do they get to keep my old reservation and sell it now?

The way it was explained to me is that the dealership allocation is "their car" independent from my original reservation. And that no one outside of a golden ticket holder can be allocated a raptor.... But my dealership updated my order on Saturday and my reservation ID now shows a Raptor....how can they just assign that build to my reservation number if my reservation number was never eligible for a Raptor? Seems odd.

Just curious if anyone else had any luck keeping their original reservation. It would help stomach the ADM to keep mine. By Ford's logic of charging ADM because I'm buying the "dealers" allocation from them- well who gets my allocation?
Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's a lot to unpack my man.

I'm going to address the parts I understood.

If you are a GT holder and choose not to get a Raptor your order "should" stay the same and the dealership can use that Raptor allocation on someone else.

GT just means you are "supposed" to get first chance to buy the Raptor, ADMs still apply.

Dealers can "create" new orders for Raptors with their allocations in very unique situations in that I'm aware of one that has occurred that wasn't an existing order or one of one of those weird already delivered orders that won a Raptor.

If you don't want a Raptor, you should be able to retain your current order and they can update your order back to whatever trim you want.

OP
OP
Krieger

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's a lot to unpack my man.

I'm going to address the parts I understood.

If you are a GT holder and choose not to get a Raptor your order "should" stay the same and the dealership can use that Raptor allocation on someone else.

GT just means you are "supposed" to get first chance to buy the Raptor, ADMs still apply.

Dealers can "create" new orders for Raptors with their allocations in very unique situations in that I'm aware of one that has occurred that wasn't an existing order or one of one of those weird already delivered orders that won a Raptor.

If you don't want a Raptor, you should be able to retain your current order and they can update your order back to whatever trim you want.
Thanks for the reply! And thanks for being an active member- the search button often leads me to your posts so I appreciate you asking the questions before me :)

I should have clarified I guess- I did not get a golden ticket. My dealership called me Saturday and said I was the next hand raiser on the list if I wanted the dealership's Raptor allocation at 20k ADM.

The more I think about it- shouldn't my August 2020 reservation for my mansquatch badlands be independent from the dealership's Raptor allocation they were given to do with whatever they please?

The dealership said they could offer it to anyone but wanted to offer it to someone who had been waiting with a reservation first before the general public.

If my reservation wasn't required to get the Raptor, why do I have to convert my reservation to get it instead of treating it like they would if I passed and they sold it to someone off the street?

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's a bit stick but the easiest way is for dealerships to convert an existing order to the Raptor order. There are some outliers where new orders were created but if you are buying a Raptor then they likely want your order converted over.

There are also rumors that tying them to existing orders may positively impact future allocations but that seems unlikely.

Most dealers have a bank of "abandoned" orders that if they want to order something for the lot they can use those.

The allocation is just really how many Raptor orders Ford is going to accept from a dealership. In theory a dealership could have 100 Raptor orders sitting in code 99, though that would be kind of pointless.

If you are going to get a Raptor you probably should convert an existing order.

if your searches lead to my posts I post too much and my boss is going to be pissed. :p

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m a GT and my dealer said my Raptor would replace my og rsvp. If your dealer had a backlog they should swap them.
Sponsored