Sponsored

How to deal with scratches on soft top back vinyl window?

DavePop

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands soft top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got a 2023 Badlands soft top. Started to see some surface scratches on the back vinyl window. Any suggestions
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever you do, do not wipe the vinyl windows, except when doing a proper vehicle wash. The only way to prevent the micro scratches in vinyl windows is to do a proper clean water, then foam and let dwell for 5-10 minutes, rinse, then use a clean bucket of soapy water and a clean wish mit to agitate any remaining dirt, rinse and then microfiber dry.

20+ years of having boat eisenglass, which is a heck more expensive than these factory replaceable windows taught me how to keep them clean without inflicting the love marks. I learned this the hard way with my first boat. If you car wash your Bronco soft top, I’ve got nothing for you.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wash mine properly, and there's zero way to not have some form of tiny marks on them. You can be as meticulous as you want, but it's going to happen.

That being said, you can avoid some really bad marks on them by being careful while washing them, and following the steps noted above by @jehines3

I've had mine for over 2 years, and they still look really good, albeit not perfect.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a sail boat with extensive Strataglass (expensive clear vinyl) in the cockpit enclosure. This is what everyone recommends for cleaning it:

IMAR™ Strataglass™ Protective Cleaner

Don’t think it will get the scratches out however.

Back in the 70’s, I have heard of people using straight Clorox to remove scratches in the vinyl soft-top windows. Since I have never tried it, I am somewhat skeptical of these claims. Anyone else have experience with this?

Vinyl windows don’t last forever. Eventually they get UV damaged and crack.

Badlandsjoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr 1972 Jeep cj5 renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This worked great on my 2023 badlands I had some deep scratches and it managed to greatly reduce them just follow the instructions had to repeat it a couple of times but 100 % better than it was.
Ford Bronco How to deal with scratches on soft top back vinyl window? 20240225_200034
Sponsored