Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.getexoshield.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Greetings! We're ExoShield, a premium windshield protection manufacturer based in Ontario, Canada! We're a brand new sponsor to the forum so we wanted to introduce our product and also hook everyone here with an exclusive promo code to save some $$$ if you're looking to protect your glass.

Recently, we released ExoShield ULTRA, our do-it-yourself windshield protection film that goes on the outside of your Bronco's windshield! We've seen the comments, these windshields are breaking too easily so we developed a solution specifically for Bronco owners.

ExoShield ULTRA!
This film is different because it's made with YOU in mind. It's based on our original GT3 film, but 60% THICKER to give even more impact resistance. This allows you to drive without worry of needing another windshield replacement! With an approximate 30-minute install time, we're hoping this can be your glass protection solution!

Here's what you're really looking for-
Below is an active promo code that saves forum members 10% on ExoShield ULTRA kits for YOUR vehicle. This code is limited to our online shop and cannot be used if purchasing directly from our authorized installers.
Type the code BUCKSTONECHIPS10 for 10% off your purchase!

We have toolkits full of everything you'd need for the installation, long and short walkthrough videos to get a clean result, written directions if that's your flavor, and shops available who can install the kit for you!

Have questions? Drop them below and we'd be happy to answer them!
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, I am all over this, nice that it's a reasonable price too. What @PWillette said though, what are the limitations on warranty? obviously I don't expect it to handle a baseball being thrown at it, but curious as to what it 'should' be able to handle

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.getexoshield.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there some type of warranty on this item? It's pretty tempting but not sure if it's worth the coin based on this forum post from a member who had it professionally installed.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/installed-exoshield-windshield-cracked-anyway.76830/
@HotdogThud Tagging you in too!

Hi there! So we do not warranty against a windshield breaking with our DIY kits. It's very unfortunate and unlucky for that owner in the mentioned thread! While it will reduce the chance of damage that causes a break, there are cases where the worst can happen. ExoShield is not bulletproof.

As mentioned, our DIY kits (ULTRA) do use a thicker version of the film. This will further increase the chances that the windshield won't break in the event of impact!

Any more questions, throw them my way!

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

Your product looks interesting.

Thinking long-term, can I ask how it holds up to UV exposure? 😃

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had it on my Bronco down here in Florida and the clear coat failed in less than 6 months, saved me twice from rock strikes. After I removed the film the rock strikes had made very tiny dimples in the glass but no cracks. So as far as I’m concerned the impact part worked well for me but the clear coat failure looked strange. This was back in 2022 so they very well may have made improvements since then and let’s be honest an exterior protection film will be fairly difficult to keep 100% perfect.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Greetings! We're ExoShield, a premium windshield protection manufacturer based in Ontario, Canada! We're a brand new sponsor to the forum so we wanted to introduce our product and also hook everyone here with an exclusive promo code to save some $$$ if you're looking to protect your glass.

Recently, we released ExoShield ULTRA, our do-it-yourself windshield protection film that goes on the outside of your Bronco's windshield! We've seen the comments, these windshields are breaking too easily so we developed a solution specifically for Bronco owners.

ExoShield ULTRA!
This film is different because it's made with YOU in mind. It's based on our original GT3 film, but 60% THICKER to give even more impact resistance. This allows you to drive without worry of needing another windshield replacement! With an approximate 30-minute install time, we're hoping this can be your glass protection solution!

Here's what you're really looking for-
Below is an active promo code that saves forum members 10% on ExoShield ULTRA kits for YOUR vehicle.
Type the code BUCKSTONECHIPS10 for 10% off your purchase!

We have toolkits full of everything you'd need for the installation, long and short walkthrough videos to get a clean result, written directions if that's your flavor, and shops available who can install the kit for you!

Have questions? Drop them below and we'd be happy to answer them!
Hi. I had ExoShield installed last August by a local dealer. What is the difference between what he installed and this kit. I believe there was a warranty as it was dealer installed. Any difference in material? Thanks

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.getexoshield.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi. I had ExoShield installed last August by a local dealer. What is the difference between what he installed and this kit. I believe there was a warranty as it was dealer installed. Any difference in material? Thanks
Hi there great question! We offer two films. GT3 and ULTRA.

Little sidebar, dates are a little important in this response! In August, (when you got your Bronco protected) we did not offer ULTRA. ULTRA was released in March of this year! So our partners just recently were able to offer both!

To answer your question, the core difference between GT3 (what's on yours) and ULTRA (our DIY kits) is the thickness of the film. ULTRA's thickness is 8-MIL. Which is 60% thicker than our GT3 film at 5-MIL. We made this thicker to support vehicles like Broncos that see higher rates of breakage than most vehicles.

Sponsored

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish this was $199 CAD

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.getexoshield.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

Your product looks interesting.

Thinking long-term, can I ask how it holds up to UV exposure? 😃
A great question! Our film does extremely well vs UV exposure!!

This is due to the latest version of our film and the endurance class coatings technology which is built to resist degradation from UV. Typically issues from UV show up in two ways, delamination and yellowing! ExoShield has no reports of yellowing from current generations of our film and because of our endurance class nanocoatings, the clearcoat and hardcoat layers of the film are linked together to prevent delamination from happening!

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.getexoshield.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there any haze or distortion from the product, and does a 'DIY' application increase this risk vs. a professional install?
Great question! ExoShield has very little haze or distortion! We rigorously test for this to make sure that the film is virtually invisible after it has been installed and had time to cure.

Right after an installation on a vehicle, it is possible to see some distortion, but this is usually trapped moisture underneath the film that will cure out after the first few days!!

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.getexoshield.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there any haze or distortion from the product, and does a 'DIY' application increase this risk vs. a professional install?
Part 2 because I only answered half of your question before! Haha!

There are a lot of factors that can impact the result of a DIY installation! That being said, we have short tip videos, long walkthrough install videos, short videos, and written directions that tackle specific hiccups that could happen during the installation. These are all available in order to get the best results possible! Check 'em out below if you're interested!

ExoShield ULTRA Tips for installation Playlist
ExoShield Install Videos Playlist

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.getexoshield.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had it on my Bronco down here in Florida and the clear coat failed in less than 6 months, saved me twice from rock strikes. After I removed the film the rock strikes had made very tiny dimples in the glass but no cracks. So as far as I’m concerned the impact part worked well for me but the clear coat failure looked strange. This was back in 2022 so they very well may have made improvements since then and let’s be honest an exterior protection film will be fairly difficult to keep 100% perfect.
Thanks for your response!!

This sounds a little like some delamination (clear coat separating from the rest of the layers of the film) happened, which makes us wonder if this was possibly a previous generation of the film.

Our latest generations of film (GT3 and ULTRA) use our Endurance Class Nanocoatings platform which links these layers together to prevent delamination.

On another note, it's very true! Keeping it 100% perfect is difficult. Especially because over time dirt can get caught in the wipers and scratch your glass, but current versions of the film minimize this! We also have a care guide to get the most life out of your ExoShield!

From a performance perspective, these kits offer Bronco owners even MORE impact resistance which we think caters to the need!
Sponsored