Sponsored

How to reduce your Bronco wait time (my experience ordering from Ford previously)

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nathan

Not to be snotty here but I know what we are getting into our Store.

I will only opine on my stores processes & inventory.

Do me a huge favor and please do the same for yours!

I have already read all of the information from Ford Motor Company has put out.
I'm not here to sell Broncos, I'm here as an enthusiast who has one ordered for myself, but I'm also here as a member of the community, so if a salesman puts out info that I know is incorrect, I'm going to say something to keep facts straight. I'm not going to argue with you. I've not said anything on things that I don't think affect the community, but misinformation I will say something about and will continue. I have a bit of knowledge as I'm the one that does the ordering, signs up for the programs so its first hand, not from a sales meeting. So again, Bronco Mannequin program sign up hasn't even happened yet, only Bronco Sport. Please check your facts.

Does anyone really think dealers will have Broncos BEFORE production even begins???

Yes, Education and Training will likely be around with PreProduction units, even dealer council members might have one to drive, but not FCTP units, those will have to be production (with all safety and emissions certifications) as they are owned by the dealer and not Ford, I don't see Ford building 6,000 Broncos for dealers and then stopping until Febuary or whenever production is starting.

Bronco Sport Scheduling starts (if on schedule) 8/20 with production planned for 10/26, figure 4-6 week hold time for quality inspections before OK to ship and your talking December shipping, pretty close to year end. so this year on Sport is questionable (but still very possible).
Sponsored

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For what it's worth, my dealer initiated the discussion of converting a reservation to a dealer allocation order. He volunteered that their order banks aren't open yet, but as soon as they are they'll contact people with reservations and allow them to order through dealer allocation rather than just working through the regular reservation process - which may get trucks to people a bit more quickly.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it's worth, my dealer initiated the discussion of converting a reservation to a dealer allocation order. He volunteered that their order banks aren't open yet, but as soon as they are they'll contact people with reservations and allow them to order through dealer allocation rather than just working through the regular reservation process - which may get trucks to people a bit more quickly.
Sorry but the reservations are being handled first and then it will go to dealer orders...they need to check with their Dealer rep on that...

Per Ford and there is no allocation above reservations...

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it's worth, my dealer initiated the discussion of converting a reservation to a dealer allocation order. He volunteered that their order banks aren't open yet, but as soon as they are they'll contact people with reservations and allow them to order through dealer allocation rather than just working through the regular reservation process - which may get trucks to peple a bit more quickly.
Hopefully this is just a communication issue. I dont think regualar dealer allocation will happen in 2021 model year (i think there will be more reservations than production). However, reservations will convert to dealer orders and allocation so hopefully this is what he meant. Below is part of the dealer instructions:

WARNING: by clicking Process Offline, the dealer is accepting wholesale for that
unit.
1. Click on VIEW DETAILS to see the customer’s chosen specifications, contact
information and Ford Credit Pre-Approval (Coming Soon).
2. Click Process Offline to send order to WBDO as an orderable configuration.
3. Check WBDO Orders to see configuration. Any changes at this point must be
made in WBDO.
• By clicking PROCESS OFFLINE, the dealer is agreeing to one incremental
allocation for the given unit.
• Just like for a normal retail order, allocation cannot be reversed if the customer
backs out of the deal.
• The customer’s reservation time stamp will stay attached to the order. The time
stamp will determine build priority.
• Note for any Bronco Reservation the Process offline function will be inactive
until Order Bank Open.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This thread is a good example of why there seems to be a ton of inaccurate info circulating. We have dealers arguing back and forth over the way things are done and they all seem to contradict each other. It would be nice if Ford would make some official statements.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will tell the dealership to put it as a retail order. If possible, I will have them order 2 of the same cars, one retail and one customer they can easily sell whichever comes later.
wondering how you can tell a dealer to order two identical vehicles?

Like a lot of other things right now (interior trims, options, etc) we won’t know until the orders are placed, and the first vehicles are delivered. So I’m holding off on making any wild predictions.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None of that what you said about the old ordering system is applicable to the Reservation system...

The first to use it was the Mach E and now the Bronco...

Per Ford Motor Company:

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

" We're getting alot of good response on the Bronco and already have over 150 reservations in the system. I would assume that will take alot of our initial allocation so we may not have a lot of retail units til aprox May-June. Also with seven trims and eleven colors that's a lot of different combinations".

This has nothing to do with allocation, the only factor in this is the customer...

Pick the dealer (deal) - have them order the Bronco...

We will be lucky to see a stock order for 2021 even though we will try...

Salespeople are their own worst enemy when they use car speak (dealer language) to customers...

Not that customers do not understand, the salesperson is just regurgitating what they heard someone say somewhere... and like the game of telephone it usually changes down the line...

Ford is trying to push excitement and get closer to the customer centered (Tesla) model as the company grows...

Their old way of kowtowing to the biggest dealers every whim is over or at least ending soon...

And Big dealer Principal groups do not like it one bit. "Puts too much power in the consumers hands"

Well welcome them to the 21st century and invention of the internet...we have arrived...

An old song comes to mind..

[/QUOTE]

Sorry if has been answered. But how does this system work? Some have said that some dealers are telling people that other people have put more money down and are ahead of them when ordering opens. I would assume if I’m ahead of another guy, my reservation would open up and I could put an order before he does.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry if has been answered. But how does this system work? Some have said that some dealers are telling people that other people have put more money down and are ahead of them when ordering opens. I would assume if I’m ahead of another guy, my reservation would open up and I could put an order before he does.
[/QUOTE]
Those people were foolish enough to drink the shady dealer Kool Aid. I believe Ford is the one setting the priorities, not the dealer.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think it’s crazy to believe certain dealers can get Broncos ahead of reservation orders for customers to check out. I mean we see videos of them being tested in Colorado. I don’t think it’s far fetched to believe they’ll pop up at dealers, before orders are fulfilled.

Will that be before the end of the year? After reading around this forum and knowing the issues COVID-19 are causing, I’d say I have my doubts. We’ll see.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not here to sell Broncos, I'm here as an enthusiast who has one ordered for myself, but I'm also here as a member of the community, so if a salesman puts out info that I know is incorrect, I'm going to say something to keep facts straight. I'm not going to argue with you. I've not said anything on things that I don't think affect the community, but misinformation I will say something about and will continue. I have a bit of knowledge as I'm the one that does the ordering, signs up for the programs so its first hand, not from a sales meeting. So again, Bronco Mannequin program sign up hasn't even happened yet, only Bronco Sport. Please check your facts.

Does anyone really think dealers will have Broncos BEFORE production even begins???

Yes, Education and Training will likely be around with PreProduction units, even dealer council members might have one to drive, but not FCTP units, those will have to be production (with all safety and emissions certifications) as they are owned by the dealer and not Ford, I don't see Ford building 6,000 Broncos for dealers and then stopping until Febuary or whenever production is starting.

Bronco Sport Scheduling starts (if on schedule) 8/20 with production planned for 10/26, figure 4-6 week hold time for quality inspections before OK to ship and your talking December shipping, pretty close to year end. so this year on Sport is questionable (but still very possible).

Ford Bronco How to reduce your Bronco wait time (my experience ordering from Ford previously) 1596198793730

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think it’s crazy to believe certain dealers can get Broncos ahead of reservation orders for customers to check out. I mean we see videos of them being tested in Colorado. I don’t think it’s far fetched to believe they’ll pop up at dealers, before orders are fulfilled.

Will that be before the end of the year? After reading around this forum and knowing the issues COVID-19 are causing, I’d say I have my doubts. We’ll see.
Those would be pre production though, not something the dealer can sell. I've seen that happen myself when the 18 F-150 and and when the MKC was introduced. I checked those out.
Sponsored