Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried installing my new AWE cat back exhaust and it was a bit of a nightmare. Apparently everyone else can do it in under an hour, but I guess I’m not everyone 🤦🏻‍♂️…Anyway, I was nearing the end and ran into a real problem. I cannot remove the nuts on the exhaust hanger bracket so that I can put on AWE’s relocation bracket. I read another post where someone else had trouble with these bolts and said something about having to remove the bumper? That seems a little extreme, but these bolts don’t want to come off and are a bit stripped now too, so that’s awesome :( Has anyone else removed these bolts and if so, how’d you do it? I feel like I’ve watched a lot of videos on installing these exhaust systems and I don’t recall any specific mention of it being an issue. Thanks in advance for the help.
@Sara/AWE
Sponsored

OP
OP
MaxBadland

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, as it turns out you do not need to remove the existing hanger in order to mount the AWE adapter…apparently it just goes over it and there are a couple of nuts that I am just missing. Odd setup to mount the bracket like that. Not that instructions should be made for idiots like me, but it would have been great to have the instructions either say, “you do not need to remove your bumper” or instead of vaguely referring to mounting the adapter with the “hardware provided”, specifically identify the nuts that I should be using to mount the bracket. Oh well, moving on :)

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And now we all know - thanks to you. /hats off

Sponsored

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My flowmaster exhaust was the same way with the additional bracket and nuts to fit over the existing bracket. Spent some time stripping out the old ones before I read the instructions 😂

OP
OP
MaxBadland

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got the exhaust installed. Incredibly rewarding feeling when it's done. Learned a lot about the vehicle in the process and have a huge amount of respect for people who work on their vehicles. Just a PSA for those that watch YouTube videos and think that swapping out your exhaust will be "easy"...people on those videos tend to cut out the parts that are a struggle, so don't be turned off by the fact that it takes you longer than the video. No one wants to watch someone struggle for 15 minutes removing a part of an exhaust from a rubber hanger, but it just might take some time, especially if you are on your back with no leverage :)
Sponsored