First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there a way to set the primary phone with Sync on Bronco? Have issue where family members have their phone synced with Bronco but when several of us get in car at same time it wants to start kids Apple Car Play/Music when I would prefer it default to my phone. I have been able to do this on previous Ford vehicles but not on Bronco. I realize I can always just change it after Bronco starts but it is pain doing it every time and also causes complaints from back seat :) If it would just default to my phone it would save allot of arguements.
Sponsored

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems like there used to be, and some update took that away. There's a spot for Phone Settings, but the only button I have active there is Delete (trash can). The settings icon for both our phones is greyed-out.

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to see an answer for this. I thought maybe it defaulted to the first or last phone added, but it doesn't. No way to reorder priority on screen or pick a primary.

broox

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am also running into this with wireless CarPlay.

My phone was set up on the vehicle first, but for whatever reason, it automatically pairs with my wife’s phone when we both get in.

My settings button is also grayed out when browsing the phone list.

Super annoying.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My phone can be playing music and if my wife goes to something with sound it randomly disconnects my phone. No idea how.

Sponsored

jrbreeland

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. Wife's phone was 2nd one to be added and she uses her own key. Yet when I get in with my key, it tries to sync her phone. In fact I found a screen where her phone looks to be set as primary with a star around 1 but I can't find a way to change it.

Schererag04

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is there no answer for this? Every day I get in my bronco and drive away, half way down the block it alerts me that it was unable to connect to my wife’s phone. I have to press a few buttons to make it connect to mine.

Bshearouse

Big Bend
First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It drives me crazy too. I reached out to my salesperson and he couldn’t help…..

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The best thing I've found for the undesirable phone is to go into General->Settings->Car Play , then select the Bronco and either toggle the "CarPlay" setting to "off" or select "Forget This Car".

Not the best solution, but it's an option.

Was headed into town a couple of days ago and met a family member traveling the opposite direction. My iPhone disconnected from the Bronco and automatically connected to the other vehicle. Took about 30 seconds for it to automatically reconnect to the Bronco after they were out of range.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My phone can be playing music and if my wife goes to something with sound it randomly disconnects my phone. No idea how.
Similar issue: I've never connected wife's phone, and yet when she's with me, Bronco will disconnect the wireless connection and I have to plug in. WTF? So it knows there's another phone in it. Happened just the other day with buddies who've never even been in it before.

Sponsored

mrgrayaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following. There has to be a solution.

Binson

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The first time I connected a second device, I believe I saw a pop up explaining that the last device connected would become the default phone, but I subsequently dismissed it super quickly before reading it. I need to erase all the phones and try again.
But if that's the way SYNC handles it on the Bronco, I wish it was the first phone connected that retained favoritism, not the most recent add...if I confirm this, and I want my phone to remain default/favorite, I'll have to delete them all and reconnect them all in the right order every time my son, who doesn't drive my car often, reconnects. ...what a PITA.

broox

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first time I connected a second device, I believe I saw a pop up explaining that the last device connected would become the default phone, but I subsequently dismissed it super quickly before reading it.
I originally thought that this might be the case, deleted my phone, added it back as the most recent device, and it still defaults to my wife’s phone when she’s riding along. I guess I could try deleting them all, adding hers, and then adding mine.

Randomly, the other day, I sat in the passenger seat while she was driving and it connected to mine first. This made me question whether it may decide which phone to connect to based on some weird proximity thing, but it was probably just a fluke.

Binson

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I originally thought that this might be the case, deleted my phone, added it back as the most recent device, and it still defaults to my wife’s phone when she’s riding along. I guess I could try deleting them all, adding hers, and then adding mine.

Randomly, the other day, I sat in the passenger seat while she was driving and it connected to mine first. This made me question whether it may decide which phone to connect to based on some weird proximity thing, but it was probably just a fluke.
It may have to do with wired vs wireless connection, too.

sonofhammer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could the phone be chosen based on alphabetical order?

My wife's phone name is higher in the alphabet than mine, and it keeps connecting to her phone first.

I haven't bothered renaming the Bluetooth name of my phone to see if that changes anything.
Sponsored