swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nothing like a crescendo for the final part of my acquisition experience. From almost not getting an allocation, the UAW strike, almost losing $13k in price protection to terrible accuracy on the Ford tracking site, its been a "journey" to say the least. Well, Mike@Reliable Transport (FL and NY) offered a great price but had HUGE drama with him. Steer clear!

(Mike @ Reliable Transport, 347-299-3974)
  • 1st pickup was missed as driver showed up when the dealer was closed. Their hours are odd, but are posted on their website.
  • 2nd pickup missed as trailer was too small (he was informed about the large Raptor in our first call).
  • When 3rd truck was about 15% of the way along the route, I got an email from Mike with a 40% price bump ($500 bump).
  • I had a lot of fun tracking the trucks trip with the Ford Pass App.
  • Mike wouldn't admit the simple fact that prices simply CAN'T change after price is agreed upon and service begins.
  • I flat out refused to pay the higher price.
  • Mike refunded me his portion of the fee only ($300/$1200 - most likely so the driver would not get shorted as much).
  • After thanking him for that and noting that the refund was an admission of fault (via email), Mike called me from a caller ID blocked number and threatened me with great bodily injury while screaming and swearing like a sailor.
  • I got an email from Mike noting "no key and no truck" without paying the full new drivers fee to the driver ($1400)
  • My anxiety about a truck abandoned with the key inside, roadside, at a truck stop or in the middle of nowhere Wyoming or a escalating/violent driver upon delivery grew.
  • I inquired about Police presence upon delivery, but logistics made it practically impossible. My ex-Navy SEAL buddy also offered to be present at the time of delivery, just in case. I declined and rolled the dice.
  • As the vehicle was on it final leg of movement, I worked with the driver management (text, emails and calls) providing documentation and dates as to the initial contract with Mike. I felt they "got it", but I had no update as to their final expectation at delivery.
  • Driver was a huge, fully tatted up Eastern European guy. He was also very soft spoken and professional. He unloaded, handed my the key and took delivery pictures from all angles before any discussion on price or payment.
  • I asked if he knew about the problem with Mike and the payment issue and he said yes and mentioned he expected the lower price only ($1200).
  • He refused a healthy tip, TWICE, and I basically crammed the large bill into his hand, making sure he knew that this was for him.
So much drama, but all is well that ends well, I suppose. Many advised me to simple eat the final $200 difference, but $20 or $2000, I simply will not tolerate the classic "bait and switch". Turns out there is another bait and switch review on Mike online here.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Man that stinks! Glad you finally got your truck.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All that for a Raptor? :O I dearly hope you're planning to wheel the crap out of this thing.
Its unlike any vehicle purchase I've ever done. Both post-COVID chip shortages, and supply chain issues as well as the UAW strike were obviously significant uncontrollable factors. She's already been wheeled a bit with MUCH more to come. Not a garage queen! It's a pretty special vehicle. If you get the chance to push one hard off road, do it.

Andyp

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad it worked out for you but I would have brought your Navy Seal friend...:)

Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its unlike any vehicle purchase I've ever done. Both post-COVID chip shortages, and supply chain issues as well as the UAW strike were obviously significant uncontrollable factors. She's already been wheeled a bit with MUCH more to come. Not a garage queen! It's a pretty special vehicle. If you get the chance to push one hard off road, do it.
You scheduled for the Raptor OffRoadeo yet? It takes “pushing it” to the next level. You’ll love it.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we'll meet up at some point so you can give me a turn behind the wheel, i've got busy obligations right now but i'm planning to be active in that SDBroncos group as well.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You scheduled for the Raptor OffRoadeo yet? It takes “pushing it” to the next level. You’ll love it.
Trying to go March 3 near Vegas but everything recently is tricky with family obligations. Fingers crossed. That said, it doesn't look beyond stuff I've already done. Haven't owned a jump capable rig yet, but have got some decent air in SxS.

Why not get a one way airfare and drive it home?
Pondered that, but it's a very long trip and I didn't want my son to be out of school that long. We made a weekend holiday out of it and I got to drive it around that weekend.

we'll meet up at some point so you can give me a turn behind the wheel, i've got busy obligations right now but i'm planning to be active in that SDBroncos group as well.
Sure. Not sure how active I'll be in that group as I have a few good wheeling buddies already. That said, I'd happily let a stranger from B6G try my rig. I've let strangers drive most of my rigs. I considered Glamis today, but really want my PPF first...

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is too much drama, for a simple Ford factory vehicle.

Chill out, enjoy the ride.

Congrats on getting a supercool spec.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is too much drama, for a simple Ford factory vehicle.

Chill out, enjoy the ride.

Congrats on getting a supercool spec.
Yes, agree. I had no intent for such, but times are strange in the auto industry.

Thanks!

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is strange. I've been in the trucking business for nearly half a century and Reliable has a stellar reputation for transporting high end vehicles that are one of a kind worth 100s of millions so I not sure what the issue is here. But above and beyond the agreed upon rate is fuel surcharge which can go up or down weekly based on the department of energy's official surcharge number. Could be a different Reliable too. The Reliable with the stellar reputation is headquartered in Canton Mi.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is strange. I've been in the trucking business for nearly half a century and Reliable has a stellar reputation for transporting high end vehicles that are one of a kind worth 100s of millions so I not sure what the issue is here. But above and beyond the agreed upon rate is fuel surcharge which can go up or down weekly based on the department of energy's official surcharge number. Could be a different Reliable too. The Reliable with the stellar reputation is headquartered in Canton Mi.
Think he used a broker named Reliable Transport. Different company than Reliable Carriers (the big orange trucks) that you’re thinking about.

There’s no way Reliable Carriers would have treated him as poorly as this other guy did. They really are the gold standard of auto transport.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Auto transporters suck. I have shipped numerous vehicles over the years and they are all very unreliable.
Sponsored