Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I did the JBL Soundbar flash at GAS today, without the soundbar. So we are all clear, I have a two door Wildtrak, In which I have removed the two rear seats. So sound is setup for a two seater. I also carry furny pads in there for moving gear around, and those help knock back the bix box sound in the rear. I have replaced all four corner speakers with Infinity's and all of them are crossed over with 300hz capacitors. The first thing I noticed after the flash was that it changed my audio settings. It reset TONE and FADE BALANCE to center. Seems normal enough. It set the DSP to DRIVER not ALL SEATS and it changed the ADAPTIVE VOLUME to MEDIUM. so with that said, here are my thoughts. There is more gain from the rear than before. There is a moderate improvement bass wise, really, gains in low mids, no real low end coming out of these. There is more room and rear gain to play with when fading to the rear now. I can fade rear more without loosing so much of the low end from the kick panel woofers. I played around with it for about 45 minutes at GAS, and then about 40 minutes on my driver home. I tried all combos of tone and dsp and fade. My preferred settings are as follows-

TONE:
TREBLE +1
MIDDLE +2
BASS +3

BALANCE FADE:
CENTER

ADAPTIVE VOLUME:
MEDIUM

DSP:
DRIVER

So, I didn't want to like the driver DSP or ADAPTIVE VOLUME. Those were set differently for me before the flash. But those two factory settings really do sound best of all the combos by a long shot. Especially with the windows down at 75mph. I am very happy with it so far. It allows for a lot more output and the DSP seems better as well. A little bonus information, and this might be burying the lead for some of you, but I asked the expert at GAS if my truck trim level has fake engine noise pumped into the cabin and he checked and said no, but that it is there in the Lux and almost every Ford vehicle. Enjoy.
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, I did the JBL Soundbar flash at GAS today, without the soundbar. So we are all clear, I have a two door Wildtrak, In which I have removed the two rear seats. So sound is setup for a two seater. I also carry furny pads in there for moving gear around, and those help knock back the bix box sound in the rear. I have replaced all four corner speakers with Infinity's and all of them are crossed over with 300hz capacitors. The first thing I noticed after the flash was that it changed my audio settings. It reset TONE and FADE BALANCE to center. Seems normal enough. It set the DSP to DRIVER not ALL SEATS and it changed the ADAPTIVE VOLUME to MEDIUM. so with that said, here are my thoughts. There is more gain from the rear than before. There is a moderate improvement bass wise, really, gains in low mids, no real low end coming out of these. There is more room and rear gain to play with when fading to the rear now. I can fade rear more without loosing so much of the low end from the kick panel woofers. I played around with it for about 45 minutes at GAS, and then about 40 minutes on my driver home. I tried all combos of tone and dsp and fade. My preferred settings are as follows-

TONE:
TREBLE +1
MIDDLE +2
BASS +3

BALANCE FADE:
CENTER

ADAPTIVE VOLUME:
MEDIUM

DSP:
DRIVER

So, I didn't want to like the driver DSP or ADAPTIVE VOLUME. Those were set differently for me before the flash. But those two factory settings really do sound best of all the combos by a long shot. Especially with the windows down at 75mph. I am very happy with it so far. It allows for a lot more output and the DSP seems better as well. A little bonus information, and this might be burying the lead for some of you, but I asked the expert at GAS if my truck trim level has fake engine noise pumped into the cabin and he checked and said no, but that it is there in the Lux and almost every Ford vehicle. Enjoy.
FAKE INFO!!!

Excerpt.... if my truck trim level has fake engine noise pumped into the cabin and he checked and said no, but that it is there in the Lux and almost every Ford vehicle.

YEAH...... Not buying it at ALL!!! For one thing.... If it was there, it would have been found in Forescan.

OP
OP
Roll Sound

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FAKE INFO!!!

Excerpt.... if my truck trim level has fake engine noise pumped into the cabin and he checked and said no, but that it is there in the Lux and almost every Ford vehicle.

YEAH...... Not buying it at ALL!!! For one thing.... If it was there, it would have been found in Forescan.
I recall a thread on here where it was found on forscan.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait a minute! Need to get a beer and make some popcorn for this

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

The YETI

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FAKE INFO!!!

Foreskin?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's really too bad someone can't actually test the signal range coming out of the speakers.

I'm sure it would take someone with some specialized test equipment. But all of these questions regarding speakers could be solved if someone could literally provide the signal range for each location, and then as settings were changed we would know.

Meaning I wish there was a device you could plug in where your speaker would go, that would actually show you the signal range so that the actuals speaker brand has no influence.

OP
OP
Roll Sound

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The closest I could come with equipment I have access to, would be to pump frequency specific tones to the speakers and see where the frequencies drop off. I'm curious about the range to the rear. I have mixing boards that can generate oscillating tones and I can vary the frequency. Not the most elegant, but it should give some answers.

CriticalB

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not just disconnect the speakers and go for a drive? Anyone upgrading their system this weekend wanna try it?
Sponsored