Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have base sound system with a dealer installed JBL soundbar. I am going in next week for local dealer to do the flash to my soundbar through the FDRS system (I don't believe dealer that installed at delivery did it back in 8/21). I have the 200.4 amp installed with plug n play harness. I have also used FORScan to change the ACM code to 00. I do not want to cause any issue with the dealership doing this flash. Any insight as to if Key Amp might cause issue, and if so, if I could "switch it off" or revert back to non DSP before going to dealership? Also, should I change the ACM code back to as built before going to dealership? I am going to ask them to update all my modules first.
Sponsored

BreezyNVegas

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any update?

OP
OP
Tricky Nick

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership tried to run the flash procedure in the FDRS system, but it failed again. I had told them to update all the modules before running the flash, but not sure if they did or not. They believed the soundbar itself is faulty and triggering an error. They ordered a new soundbar (covered under warranty), and they are going to install and try again on 4/10. Fingers crossed it works. I reminded them to make sure to update modules first, and they noted it for the tech. I will update after.

OP
OP
Tricky Nick

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership tried to run the flash procedure in the FDRS system, but it failed again. I had told them to update all the modules before running the flash, but not sure if they did or not. They believed the soundbar itself is faulty and triggering an error. They ordered a new soundbar (covered under warranty), and they are going to install and try again on 4/10. Fingers crossed it works. I reminded them to make sure to update modules first, and they noted it for the tech. I will update after.
I also called Kicker, and they couldn't see how the 200.4 amp would interfere with the changes to the modules . I cancelled the DSP setting so it is stock sound, but left the FORScan change.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I also called Kicker, and they couldn't see how the 200.4 amp would interfere with the changes to the modules . I cancelled the DSP setting so it is stock sound, but left the FORScan change.
Did you install the amp with a PnP harness? Have you considered unplugging it prior to the dealer flash? Taking the amp out of the system would eliminate it as the cause of any potential issues and likely help your dealership with their troubleshooting.
Sponsored