Badlands75

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks again to the many audio upgrade posts, I plan to install both the 200.4 and the 500.1 and looking for a little assistance. I have read through many of the posts and videos but cannot find exactly what I'm looking for so thought I'd make a specific post. I have a 2023 Badlands 7-speakers non-B&O that has the OEM subwoofer and amp. and working through speaker upgrades. Thanks in advance for any insight.

1. I know the headunit can power the 200.4 amp but I would like to power this directly off the battery since I will be replacing the OEM sub amp with the 500.4 amp. Understanding I'll need to upgrade the factory power cable running to the new sub amp does it make sense to run a primary power cable from the battery and then use a distribution block to split power to each amp. I haven't seen anyone do this.....is this overkill to power the 200.4? Any downside in doing this? Is there a plug and play kit available from either Hoel Wiring or PnP (I've scoured the websites but didn't see any)?

2. With replacing the OEM sub amp with a Kicker Key 500.1 amp (and upgrading the sub), my question is can the 500.1 amp plug somehow into the factory wiring already in place or should a new wiring kit be used to replace the existing wiring? I know I need to upgrade the power cable to 8 gauge, but curious if the other existing factory wiring can be used with the 500.1 sub.

A lot of this is new to me so appreciate all the help.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll need to upgrade the factory power cable running to the new sub amp does it make sense to run a primary power cable from the battery and then use a distribution block to split power to each amp.
Yes, you can do this, but you need to size and fuse it properly.

The run to the battery through the firewall needs to be big enough to run both amps. And it needs to be fused as close to the battery as you can get it.

Then, at the distribution block, you need to fuse each run coming out of that distribution block, as close to the block as you can get it.

No real downsides other than making sure you size it properly in the first place, and it does make it easier just pulling one wire through the firewall - although you can end up with some fuse blocks in some odd locations. I've done this myself many times.

I'll leave the rest of your questions to others, I didn't use a Kicker and can't answer them as well as someone who's done it.