First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did the Kicker Amp 200.4 install with the plugNplay harness. Install was nice and easy with that harness. I have the 7 speaker non-B&O stock setup.

Maybe I'm too picky, but it did not do much for the stock speaker sound in my opinion. Basically I lost all low end range/bass and sound adjustment. The mid/highs do sound a little clearer, better than stock, but you lose so much all around sound that I do not think it was worth it. I will say after re-doing the kicker mic setup routine for the amp a couple times, it got a little better. just my experience, but i expected more from all the other post i read.
Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you lost low end then you must have a setting wrong.

OP
OP

Zzoop28

Black Diamond
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you lost low end then you must have a setting wrong.
There are not really many settings to that amp. I went off the recommendations here for the dip switch settings. Anything specific you're thinking of?
-Thanks

gdp

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the 6 speaker, non lux setup with the kicker 200 amp and I'm very picky about my sound. IMO, the amp is the required 1st step to good sound. I replaced the kick panel speakers and front dash panels after which helped, still not satisfied. Then I did the latest forscan mods reported on this website, plus my own bass/treble mods after the dsp test, and am very happy with the results. Keep at it and you'll be glad.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are not really many settings to that amp. I went off the recommendations here for the dip switch settings. Anything specific you're thinking of?
-Thanks
Did you go through the DSP setup? It isn't going to make it an audiophile system but it is a huge improvement for a relatively small spend.

Sponsored

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I replaced the front speakers first and was disappointed. Then I added the 200.4 and was blown away by the dirrerence. Maybe its worh the $200 for new dash and kick panel speakers. maybe its your settings. Posting my settings for FYI

PXL_20220907_183303238.jpg

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh if you haven't done new speakers with the amp - that's part of the issue right there. I mean, it shouldn't sound worse, so there's something going on, but it won't sound nearly as good as it could for a relatively small investment in even modest aftermarket speakers - particularly the dash ones.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As others mentioned, if you only did the amp and have not replaced the stock speakers I don't think you are getting full advantage of the Kicker Key. Speaker brand/model will definitely play a part in the sound you get as well.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dip switch pic settings is showing u have the 120 HZ filter set….somebody correct me if I’m wrong😑? That would explain why you don’t have any low end…..

Last edited:
OP
OP

Zzoop28

Black Diamond
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you go through the DSP setup? It isn't going to make it an audiophile system but it is a huge improvement for a relatively small spend.
Yes i did the DSP setup multiple times, it did get a little better on the 3rd try.

I was planning to start replacing speakers next as you all mentioned with JL.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes i did the DSP setup multiple times, it did get a little better on the 3rd try.

Also make sure you have "speed volume" turned off in your audio settings when you do the DSP setup...I forgot this and it really does make a difference!

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Also check the "gain", my speakers (rear) were quiet until I started messing with that. But don't turn it up too much that will cause a crackling sound. I didn't read this entire thread, did you do any of the Forscan changes?

I still say the speaker bar software update is the way to go. Brother in Law did that (as he had speaker bar) and it still sounded better than my set up with the kicker key. Only problem was, 2 years ago not many Ford dealers near me were doing that.

TahoeDog

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023 2 Door - Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also check the "gain", my speakers (rear) were quiet until I started messing with that. But don't turn it up too much that will cause a crackling sound. I didn't read this entire thread, did you do any of the Forscan changes?

I still say the speaker bar software update is the way to go. Brother in Law did that (as he had speaker bar) and it still sounded better than my set up with the kicker key. Only problem was, 2 years ago not many Ford dealers near me were doing that.
What is the speaker bar update?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
EQ on for me has abysmal sound, unlistenable (after successful auto EQ). However, with no EQ is completely transformed my stock system. I'd suggest to not just set no EQ (press mic button until 2 beeps) but rather clear the EQ (hold button for 10 sec until beep). Mine has unexpectedly auto reverted from no EQ to EQ.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
EQ on for me has abysmal sound, unlistenable (after successful auto EQ). However, with no EQ is completely transformed my stock system. I'd suggest to not just set no EQ (press mic button until 2 beeps) but rather clear the EQ (hold button for 10 sec until beep). Mine has unexpectedly auto reverted from no EQ to EQ.
A simple flip of the EQ dip switch is the correct way to disable the applied EQ settings following auto-tune. Using the mic to toggle reverts back to factory, reduces output, removes speaker time delay / alignment, etc.

IMO, bad suggestion. You're definitely in the minority on this one.
Sponsored