First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen many people add the key amp to the base audio system. IS There any benefit to adding it to B&O system? If so, how is it wired?
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

innuhendo

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 2dr 2014 Harley Night Rod Special
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can confirm this. I went through installing the harness, key 200.4 and all new speakers. Sound came of carplay, but I couldn't use the controls. I called a local car stereo shop and they one NTVKIT889 in stock. I purchased it, went home, tore out the stock amplifier, replaced it with the Zen A2B and it wall worked. I still use the harness. I just unplugged the harness audio output connector from the Key 200.4 and then plugged in the audio out from the Zen A2B into the Key 200.4. Everything seems to work. I just need to reconfigure the rca jacks for the correct. i.e. Front left is center for some reason. I'm sure my error.

innuhendo

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And I just read that the amp needs to be directly connected to the battery otherwise it could damage the Zen A2B. So I guess I won't use the harness after all.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would you mind sharing how much you paid for the A2B? Seems like the list price keeps going up.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And I just read that the amp needs to be directly connected to the battery otherwise it could damage the Zen A2B. So I guess I won't use the harness after all.
It's been a few moths since I looked at the instructions. I think the warranty on the A2B is not valid unless you run a ground back to negative terminal on the battery (or the chassis ground nearby). . As far as the positive cable, I would think that you would just put a distribution block in. I can't imagine that the A2B draws much current.

Also, running your amp negative back as well makes a lot sense. Better current flow. Some people will do then when doing a "Big 3" upgrade.

innuhendo

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Would you mind sharing how much you paid for the A2B? Seems like the list price keeps going up.
Ugh. I was quoted msrp of $780. Even he felt bad. I got it for $680.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ugh. I was quoted msrp of $780. Even he felt bad. I got it for $680.
Thanks.
It's a nice device, but pricey. PAC is coming out with a competitive offering that will sell in the $440 range. It's not nearly as flexible, though.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can confirm this. I went through installing the harness, key 200.4 and all new speakers. Sound came of carplay, but I couldn't use the controls. I called a local car stereo shop and they one NTVKIT889 in stock. I purchased it, went home, tore out the stock amplifier, replaced it with the Zen A2B and it wall worked. I still use the harness. I just unplugged the harness audio output connector from the Key 200.4 and then plugged in the audio out from the Zen A2B into the Key 200.4. Everything seems to work. I just need to reconfigure the rca jacks for the correct. i.e. Front left is center for some reason. I'm sure my error.
Did you connect the Key 200.4 to the outputs of the B&O amp or directly to the harness from the radio? I would think you could connect it to the B&O amp outputs and still be able to use the controls.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After the Zen+Amp setup, how are the rear speakers? Can you actually hear them now?

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What controls were you unable to use? Fade? Balance? I want to add an amp for just the front left right and kick panels. Wouldn’t think this would disable any controls.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What controls were you unable to use? Fade? Balance? I want to add an amp for just the front left right and kick panels. Wouldn’t think this would disable any controls.
I haven’t tried it to see, but I’ve had numerous people tell me to use an amp with the B&O, you need the adapter to make controls work (balance, fade, etc).

innuhendo

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After the Zen+Amp setup, how are the rear speakers? Can you actually hear them now?
Sorry, I didn't see your question. Yes I can hear the rear speakers. On the Key 200.4 I put them on rear channel. Set the gain and they can get loud. I replaced all my speakers and added a 12" sub. I now actually have 3 amps driving my setup.

Dash and Roll Bar out -
KICKER - KEY 200.4
2x Audiofrog - GS40 - Key 200 - Dash - 50w RMS
2x Audiofrog - GS40 - Key 200 - Roll Bar - 50w RMS

Sub Out -

KICKER - CX 800.1 Class D Digital Mono Amplifier
1x KICKER - L7T Series 12" 2 ohm shallow-mount subwoofer - 600w RMS

KICKER - KEY 500.1 (will change amp and connect back to dash for wider freq)
2x JL Audio - 6W3v3-4 - Kick Panel - 150w RMS

innuhendo

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven’t tried it to see, but I’ve had numerous people tell me to use an amp with the B&O, you need the adapter to make controls work (balance, fade, etc).
If I remember correctly I couldn't do anything. Even change songs. It was pretty much just showing what was being played.

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now it cost $650+ to remove and override and then be able to upgrade? Hey Ford, The B&O is crap.
Sponsored