Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a kicker key amp and the plug and play harness, hooked everything up and no sound. I noticed no power light on either. I hooked it straight up to the battery and still no power. Is there anything I’m missing or just a defective amp?
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a kicker key amp and the plug and play harness, hooked everything up and no sound. I noticed no power light on either. I hooked it straight up to the battery and still no power. Is there anything I’m missing or just a defective amp?
Could be defective. Once you get it in, it’s awesome. Might recommend getting new harness too so you can troubleshoot. Install for me was relatively straight forward.
link from another member just in case you need it

https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130698473662

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
BDBrian1

BDBrian1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everything was going too easy with the plug and play. I thought to myself wow this is simple, until I turned it on. Lol

Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What speakers are you running?
I using Alpine S40s in front and rears. Since they are only 4 inches, I didn’t think it would make a difference to upgrade especially since I have the soft top. Sounds wouldn‘t be ideal anyway. Upgraded the kick panel to Alpine R series for the 6.5.
The one thing I would do over again, is I like base and added two 12 “ downfire subs in trunk with Kicker shallow subs With 2 kicker Key 500. One for each. Thought the soft top needed more base but it is way overboard. Lol. You need maybe an 8 or 10 max.

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I using Alpine S40s in front and rears. Since they are only 4 inches, I didn’t think it would make a difference to upgrade especially since I have the soft top. Sounds wouldn‘t be ideal anyway. Upgraded the kick panel to Alpine R series for the 6.5.
The one thing I would do over again, is I like base and added two 12 “ downfire subs in trunk with Kicker shallow subs With 2 kicker Key 500. One for each. Thought the soft top needed more base but it is way overboard. Lol. You need maybe an 8 or 10 max.
I was looking at the Morel Maximo Coax for 4”s and 6.5”. How do you like the Alpines? I’m looking something that is warm/rich (think Bose) vs something too bright/high.

Indica

Heritage
First Name
Alek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Just for clarification. The male plug closest to passenger side on head unit you remove, and insert the male plug from the harness in that . You take the old plug from head unit and put it into the female plug on your harness.

I made this mistake at first and didn’t have power.

OP
OP
BDBrian1

BDBrian1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Called Crutchfield and they helped me the first switch on the side had to be down. Crutchfield has great customer support!

image.jpg

Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was looking at the Morel Maximo Coax for 4”s and 6.5”. How do you like the Alpines? I’m looking something that is warm/rich (think Bose) vs something too bright/high.
Funny, my only issue is that I wanted it to be a little brighter. lol. For the money, I think the Alpines are fantastic with the Key. I was going for loud and clear. So it’s in the range of awesome without spending double or triple the money. So I highly recommend.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Called Crutchfield and they helped me the first switch on the side had to be down. Crutchfield has great customer support!

Ford Bronco Kicker key amp 200.4 not turning on. image
So close to rocking out! Good luck. It will be a million times better than OEM paper speakers.

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What size screws did you use to mount the amp there?

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I sent it with the first dip switch down if you buy the kicker key amp for me as all equipment is tested after it’s made in before it ships

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you read the amps owners manual which tells you that the first DIP switch must be in the down position or the amp will not turn on when connecting to a factory radio
Sponsored