Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.

That said, you MAY want to swap in a more powerful amplifier. It really depends on the type of music you listen to and the volume you want to listen to it at.

If we are doing things "by the book", the Kicker Key 200.4 is slightly underpowered for the application. Here is something I posted in another thread that I'll just copy/paste:
Are you going to add power to the amp to prevent clipping? If so, please do a video :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you going to add power to the amp to prevent clipping? If so, please do a video :D
Nah, the only way to do that is to swap out the amplifier for a higher-wattage amplifier, which I have no intention on doing at this point. I just don't need my music that loud. I may at some point decide to power the amplifier off of the battery instead of the line that feeds the factory ACM. That should help a little bit with the clipping, but I don't expect it to solve the issue by any stretch.

It sounds like @Ixr from the other post opted to go with the Musway M4+, which should definitely be sufficient. If you haven't bought your amplifier yet, that may be an amp worth considering instead of the Kicker Key stuff. As I mentioned in that other post @plugnplaykits sells a wiring harness for that amplifier as well, and installation should be very similar.

I also have been trying to get down to @plugnplaykits HQ (he is located about an hour away from me), so I can get a better look at all of the different amplifier options and show it to all of you via YouTube. But it's been hard to get schedules to line up at work this summer with all of the vacations people are taking.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

power the amplifier off of the battery instead of the line that feeds the factory ACM.
That's what I was talking about. Anything over 15 is too much for me. Maybe I don't need an amp.

mannyjag

Badlands
First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great video!
I just watched this before planning to tackle this this evening. I have a 2023 with the rear sub wiring (no amp or sub). I bought the PNPkits harness and key 200.4. (Not doing the Sub, 500.1, or aftermarket speakers yet)
The only thing I see different in my install is I was told I need to run a power wire/fuse at the battery which is easy enough.
Can you tell me what to set the dip switches at?
what kit did you purchase and did you buy it from plugnplaykits?

Sponsored

cap12271

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, Kit 11 for $480.
I previously upgraded the 4 4in speakers with kicker KS (small improvement) then added the fusion amp and kicker sub (large improvement). Today with the help of the @RagnarKon video, I installed the last piece for me, the kicker key 200.4(kit 11)! Was pretty easy and I’ve never done any audio amp installation prior. Big improvement and I am finally satisfied with the system!

stkuehn

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just swapped out my B&O dash, kick panels, pods and added a 10” Kicker Hideaway under my driver seat. What harness do I need to complete this with the kicker key 200? I have that in hand…

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just swapped out my B&O dash, kick panels, pods and added a 10” Kicker Hideaway under my driver seat. What harness do I need to complete this with the kicker key 200? I have that in hand…
Oh you have the B&O package? That complicates things a lot.

You'll have to decide which speakers you want amplified. Three of the speakers are fed from the ACM in the front of the Bronco, the other four are fed from the B&O Digital Signal Processor in the back.

The Kicker Key 200.4 only has 4 channels on it. So you'll have to decide which of those 7 speakers you want amplified.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question. If I run the DSP for the Kicker, do I still have control over the bass, treble, and fader controls on the head unit?

Sponsored

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question. If I run the DSP for the Kicker, do I still have control over the bass, treble, and fader controls on the head unit?
Yes you do. And midrange.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Have the amp sitting in my garage for a couple of months. Winter project.

DFWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands soon, 2020 4Runner, 2012 Hayabusa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Loved the video, thank you ! I hope you can give me a little direction.

I have a 2-dr w/ B&O system. I expected more from it....

I plan on swapping out the speakers but waited until I could find a 200.4 (just received). I also purchased the larger pods (Mabett) to accommodate larger speakers there. It sounds like the 200.4 will not work ? or I will need additional amp?

Planning on Kickers all the way around and Rockford Fosgate Punch for the sub

Please advise... I'm not a total audiophile, maybe a 6.5-7 outta 10.

CG

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on swapping out the speakers but waited until I could find a 200.4 (just received). I also purchased the larger pods (Mabett) to accommodate larger speakers there. It sounds like the 200.4 will not work ? or I will need additional amp?
Yeah B&O system is a mess unfortunately. The base audio system is a 4.1 channel system. Four speaker channels and a subwoofer channel. That's why a Kicker Key 200.4—which is a 4-channel amplifier—works perfectly.

---

The B&O Audio System is a 3+4.1 system for a total of 7 speaker channels and a single subwoofer channel. Layout is like this:
  • Amp 1 - ACM - Audio Control Module (front of the vehicle)
    • Center Dash Speaker
    • Rear Driver Pod
    • Rear Passenger Pod
  • Amp 2 - DSP - Digital Signal Processor (back of the vehicle)
    • Driver Kick Panel Speaker
    • Driver Dash Speaker
    • Passenger Dash Speaker
    • Passenger Kick Panel Speaker
    • Subwoofer
So... obviously this means upgrades are a lot more difficult, and if you want to amplify all of the speakers you are looking at over $1000 just in amplifiers and wiring alone.

DFWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands soon, 2020 4Runner, 2012 Hayabusa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah B&O system is a mess unfortunately. The base audio system is a 4.1 channel system. Four speaker channels and a subwoofer channel. That's why a Kicker Key 200.4—which is a 4-channel amplifier—works perfectly.

---

The B&O Audio System is a 3+4.1 system for a total of 7 speaker channels and a single subwoofer channel. Layout is like this:
  • Amp 1 - ACM - Audio Control Module (front of the vehicle)
    • Center Dash Speaker
    • Rear Driver Pod
    • Rear Passenger Pod
  • Amp 2 - DSP - Digital Signal Processor (back of the vehicle)
    • Driver Kick Panel Speaker
    • Driver Dash Speaker
    • Passenger Dash Speaker
    • Passenger Kick Panel Speaker
    • Subwoofer
So... obviously this means upgrades are a lot more difficult, and if you want to amplify all of the speakers you are looking at over $1000 just in amplifiers and wiring alone.
well, that's discouraging... so, no easy fix here ? another amp won't do?
Sponsored