Sponsored

I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not as bad as it appears, not great. Etching in the glass and misaligned latches have been consistent issues with some tops from Webasto.

Decidedly concerning that units were paired with bad tops during production. More concerning that several units have been delivered with these issues.

I expect some adjustments when the plant starts cranking again on Monday. Brass is fully aware now and the magnifying glasses are out.

FWIW my MIC hard top is flawless, and she went thru her first car wash yesterday just to check the seals. It's a GREAT design that unfortunately got sent to a crappy vendor.
If it's not too much trouble, could you post some closeups of yours of the areas people have been complaining of?
Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it's not too much trouble, could you post some closeups of yours of the areas people have been complaining of?
Absolutely, I can do this tomorrow.

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I just linked to "1five1 garage" and they posted a video 4 weeks ago with a.....wait for it....

a 2 door Badlands Bronco with a soft top...link below...the next shoe to drop is...they make one so why not offer it...

A large majority of the 2 doors that were going around to dealerships to view had the aftermarket fastback soft tops. My dealer had a 2 door cyber orange for a couple days with the same top. They were laughing saying we can’t even see one with a factory top it so bad.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If anyone around Philly / NJ wants to see - Fullerton has the 2 door MIC I posted photos of yesterday on this thread. Reposted below. I didn’t look super closely, but the exterior shell looked fine, but the inner areas by the side windows were marred and thrashed. I would imagine some other inner exposed areas may be similar quality. Kind of makes you wonder why they decided to cloak them in sound deadening straight from the factory. Because the interior side where they pulled it from the mold may look pretty trashed in some nooks and crannies. Could be hiding some blemishes.

This was a demo.

2EFD0EA1-B095-4C1E-B7A7-1FF0D5C8A7A6.jpeg

AEABCA9D-70F7-4A8B-85CB-EF5605F1E0AA.png

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not as bad as it appears, not great. Etching in the glass and misaligned latches have been consistent issues with some tops from Webasto.

Decidedly concerning that units were paired with bad tops during production. More concerning that several units have been delivered with these issues.

I expect some adjustments when the plant starts cranking again on Monday. Brass is fully aware now and the magnifying glasses are out.

FWIW my MIC hard top is flawless, and she went thru her first car wash yesterday just to check the seals. It's a GREAT design that unfortunately got sent to a crappy vendor.
Why don’t ford just take controlle of webasto or just cut ties all together seems like evryone that works at webasto does not know how to make a decent hard top

Sponsored

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No worried at all. My 2dr build date was moved up to 7/20 about a week ago.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why don’t ford just take controlle of webasto or just cut ties all together
I'm putting in fresh flashlight batteries & will be going over the MIC top with a fine tooth comb

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone around Philly / NJ wants to see - Fullerton has the 2 door MIC I posted photos of yesterday on this thread. Reposted below. I didn’t look super closely, but the exterior shell looked fine, but the inner areas by the side windows were marred and thrashed. I would imagine some other inner exposed areas may be similar quality. Kind of makes you wonder why they decided to cloak them in sound deadening straight from the factory. Because the interior side where they pulled it from the mold may look pretty trashed in some nooks and crannies. Could be hiding some blemishes.

This was a demo.

Ford Bronco I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good. AEABCA9D-70F7-4A8B-85CB-EF5605F1E0AA

Ford Bronco I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good. AEABCA9D-70F7-4A8B-85CB-EF5605F1E0AA
We’ll that’s one way to pitch the soft top

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just linked to "1five1 garage" and they posted a video 4 weeks ago with a.....wait for it....

a 2 door Badlands Bronco with a soft top...link below...the next shoe to drop is...they make one so why not offer it...

Lol we’ve all known the aftermarket bestop soft top has existed since last year… Fords not including it from the factory.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have accepted that I'm not getting my 2-door this year. I'm trying to be positive and hope all the PCM reprograms and bugs will get worked out before then.

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
rock rails are bolted through the floor and not attached to the frame ? Mall crawler design.....

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
rock rails are bolted through the floor and not attached to the frame ? Mall crawler design.....
It doesn’t even make sense. I’m not saying the OP is incorrect. Merely saying I don’t know how this would work out long run.
Sponsored