Sponsored

well this cant be good Battery Issue maybe?

SumDumGuy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape 2L, 2" lift, 235/60R17
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my bronco yesterday.
Today I go to start it, and nothing.
ford pass remote says it cant start bronco in this state(its -10c out so wanted a warm bronco)
grumble abit and go outside to start it. get in. everything looks good, hit break, press start and nothing from the starter at all
a red battery indicator on the screen, everything electronic seems to be working.

Try it a few times and still nothing. starts instantly when connected to another battary
less then 80km on it
Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the battery is covered under warranty. Check with dealer. But frankly, I wouldn’t even bother with the motor craft battery. My mom’s f150 battery needed replaced in 2 years. Batteries plus confirmed the battery was dead. Bought a nice Duracell Battery and it cranks over nice especially in minus temps and has going strong ever since. I also have a Duracell for my Subaru going on 5 years. Cranks like when I got it new.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the battery is covered under warranty. Check with dealer. But frankly, I wouldn’t even bother with the motor craft battery. My mom’s f150 battery needed replaced in 2 years. Batteries plus confirmed the battery was dead. Bought a nice Duracell Battery and it cranks over nice especially in minus temps and has going strong ever since. I also have a Duracell for my Subaru going on 5 years. Cranks like when I got it new.
I don't think I've ever seen a battery covered under warranty. It's usually considered a "wear part" that will need replacing, like brakes, and not covered. That's not to say they might check it and say that it's too early to have failed and do a "nice thing" for the customer.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think I've ever seen a battery covered under warranty. It's usually considered a "wear part" that will need replacing, like brakes, and not covered. That's not to say they might check it and say that it's too early to have failed and do a "nice thing" for the customer.
Yeah doesn’t hurt to ask.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Batteries WERE 3/36 when I was still in the dealership, and I did replace a few under warranty back then. The original battery the vehicle is built with often fails prematurely do to the amount of down time between the vehicle being built and delivered...i.e. dirt mountain etc...or just a vehicle that sat on a dealer lot for a long time before being sold. It's worth having it towed to the dealership if it's still under 36k...or at least call!

Sponsored
OP
OP

SumDumGuy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i did call waiting on a call back from service, talked with the sales guy , and he has heard of this before a few times, and since the boost it has worked fine.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There have been several people that have had their batteries go bad (some actually internally shorted)

It's from having these sit forever at MAP. If I need a new battery and it's covered under warranty, I'll get whatever they give me. Otherwise I'm probably going to go with some sort of deep cell version that's designed to take significant drains.

OP
OP

SumDumGuy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

shouldnt have been on dirt or ice mountain as it was only built on Oct 27th

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are under warranty on a new vehicle for 3 years or 36000 miles.
Sponsored