Sponsored

Well…she’s dead. Anyone seen this before?

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Walked you to her to take it out and noticed the lights flashing. Weird. (See video 1) So I tried the key fob. Nothing. (See video 2). So I get in it—It’s our 3rd vehicle so we don’t drive it everyday and we leave it unlocked in the backyard—and I still get nothing. No lights. No clicks. No Display etc. no nothing. Then all of sudden it starts making this thumping sound that’s coming out of the speakers!! Listen. You can hear it. Sounds like someone tapping a microphone. (Video 3) WTF. I tried disconnecting the battery for a minute or so. Didn’t help. But the thumping through the speakers started back up immediately when I reconnected. Any ideas? Anyone seen or heard of this?

Roadside Assistance is on its way to pick it up and take it to the dealer. I guess this Sundays “play in the dirt” trip is cancelled. Bummer.

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you check to see if the battery was charged? Seems there have been a few from dirt mountain that needed their battery replaced.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah sounds like either a bad ground or battery connection to me, as Ksjrb03 so eloquently put it, tighten those connections.
They’re snug. I checked the positive aide after I retightened the negative back down. (I disconnected the negative to try and maybe reset) She’s been working fine up until now. It’s not a dirt mountain one. I have had the dash flash and tell me all sorts of things were on a few times over the last couple of months. But it alway goes away.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you check to see if the battery was charged? Seems there have been a few from dirt mountain that needed their battery replaced.
It’s not a dirt mountain one.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anything comes from this, that's the greenest pic/video I've seen of the cactus gray lol.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not gonna lie, this has a short-to-ground issue written all over it. Although usually when that happens a fuse will pop.

Would love to go through that thing with a multimeter. BUT, can't really troubleshoot it from all the way in New England so guess I'll just have to wait for your update post once the dealer figures out what it is.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anything comes from this, that's the greenest pic/video I've seen of the cactus gray lol.
Heh. Its not CG. He's got a killer wrap on it. Kind of a Pistachio. Ask em nicely and he should have a photo next to my CG Sas he can post.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not gonna lie, this has a short-to-ground issue written all over it. Although usually when that happens a fuse will pop.

Would love to go through that thing with a multimeter. BUT, can't really troubleshoot it from all the way in New England so guess I'll just have to wait for your update post once the dealer figures out what it is.
Yeah, I just told him this via text as well. I think the BCM or other similar important module has shorted to ground (what a terrible way of saying that) and its stopping anything from powering up. Would not be surprised if fuses/relays popped the first start up after the short happened. Or could be way wrong on that one, but a multimeter is the only way to know for sure.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow! If you hadn’t wrote about it, I’d assume you added sound effects to the video. Best of luck getting back on the road. (y)

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to ask a stupid question, but have you tried your other key fob? Tried the "emergency start" process by placing the fob in the centre console? Curious if either of these help.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! If you hadn’t wrote about it, I’d assume you added sound effects to the video. Best of luck getting back on the road. (y)
Did you think he was in the background with an upside down bucket, jamming out to a sick beat, while trying to fix his issue?

For what it's worth, I would have thought the same thing.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
check under your driver side front fender well where several harnesses run and see if any of them are loose or disconnected.
Sponsored