Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Passenger side. Got it home, we went to dinner and I rode in the back seat, tradition, I have to try it once, and heard a little wind noise from the window. The next morning I started the car from the app and when I walked outside I heard this whine, located it coming from the window area and when I pushed on the top it went away. Let go and it came back.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pressure building up that should be venting through the swing gate flaps. Has anything on the inside or outside of the swing gate/spare tire mount area been modified? Was climate control on recirculation while it was running?

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
maybe it's that spare tire cover that is impeding the air flow?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Passenger side. Got it home, we went to dinner and I rode in the back seat, tradition, I have to try it once, and heard a little wind noise from the window. The next morning I started the car from the app and when I walked outside I heard this whine, located it coming from the window area and when I pushed on the top it went away. Let go and it came back.
Good afternoon- I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

OP
OP
Acadist

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pressure building up that should be venting through the swing gate flaps. Has anything on the inside or outside of the swing gate/spare tire mount area been modified? Was climate control on recirculation while it was running?
the morning after bringing it home, only thing would be spare tire cover. Climate control was on auto, but not recirculate

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the morning after bringing it home, only thing would be spare tire cover. Climate control was on auto, but not recirculate
Fan probably came on high when it was started to get the cabin temp down so it was pulling outside air which pressurized the cabin. Theoretically, pressure shouldn't get high enough to do that since it should be venting from the swing gate though the vent flaps behind the tire carrier. It could be possible the flaps are stuck to the plastic and not able to open but there isn't that much tension that keeps them closed.

Let the dealer handle but if I were going to try something I'd take the swing gate latch cover plate off and get a blow gun wand in there and try to blow out the vent area with some compressed air and see if that fixes it. If not, I'd see if the glass seal is flat in that area and seated correctly. Aside from replacing the seal or trying to put some backer behind it create more tension, there's not a lot to do. Don't know how many inches of merc Ford considers normal but those fans can create a bunch of cabin pressure if the body venting is not working correctly.

OP
OP
Acadist

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After a couple of trips to the dealership, I hope it is finally fixed. They ending up pulling the passenger side rear window off and discovered it had almost no seal along the top edge.

OP
OP
Acadist

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to let everybody know how this worked out. it took a few trips to the dealership and had to wait for the ’right guy’ to be working but the issue was resolved. Ended up the passenger side rear window was not sealed correctly (actually, barely) and was resealed. I am very pleased that Ford stepped up to the plate and resolved this issue quickly, and then, let me know that they will stand behind this repair by adding an extended warranty to the vehicle. Thank you Ford👍

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always wondered what those flaps were for on the swing gate.
Sponsored