First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Noticed yesterday after my wife left in the bronco there was some fluid on the ground. So I had to work and I'd take a look today. Well the passenger side shock reservoir decided to exit the bronco. Needless to say I have a nice undercoating of shock oil. So I wonder how this will go at the dealer... 🙄
20230607_120107.jpg
20230607_120157.jpg
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A quarter million Broncos built and two failed external reservoirs reported. Lets keep some perspective.
Gosh, that's almost a million shocks then!!!
That's impossible!!!
Ford Bronco Well i believe this is a new one... 1687440676536

Lol , ;)

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I get the hesitancy going back to the dealer. Fortunately, Service is not Sales. I've found that the Service folks treat me like a king when I'm there. Believe me, I would skip the Service Dept if they pulled some of the hijinks that the Sales folks feel they can get away with (ADMs, unnecessary add-ons, etc.). They don't even blink when I say I 'fixed' several things using ForScan (added Goat Mode, disable double-honk, etc.).

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same as the OP, the first time I tried some relatively mild off-roading, when I went to pump the tires back up I noticed fluid on the rear drivers side wheel. Thought it was brake fluid. Nope, the shock reservoir was gone. (2-D Badlands non-Sas). Dealer wouldn’t warranty it, because there were scratches nearby. Can’t blame them, but I can blame Ford for putting the reservoir in such a vulnerable spot. Since the dealer had it, I just let them fix it. Only took 1 day to get the part and fix it, but it was $1500. Looking for shock guards now.
How did they get you for $1500? https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com/...vJnk9MjAyMiZ0PWJhZGxhbmRzJmU9Mi03bC12Ni1nYXM=

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs