Sponsored

Is this a Transmission issue at 400 miles?????

First Name
Jack Evans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After having my back Window explode last Sunday (3/17), dealer is waiting on @Ford Motor Company to determine why this happen for no apparent reason at all.
Now we might have a new problem. We have had the WT for 4 weeks now, 400 miles and haven't been able to drive it for a week now because of the rear window.
I now might have a transmission issue with the WT. We got the WT on 2/25, later that week my wife told me that when she puts the vehicle in drive, the rear end would buck up, I just told her it's a Bronco, that's what they do. When I tested it, it is very noticeable. Again, I just thought that was normal for a Bronco 2.7 Sasquatch Wildtrac.
Well, today I was at the dealer, drove a Badlands, 2Dr Sasquatch, and this Badlands did not do this. The transmission shifted from park to drive was very smooth, so I ask to look at a WT, and it did the same as the Badlands. Very smooth. I checked the idle speed of both the Badlands and WT, they were 0.8. The salesman told me to check my WT idle, he said if it's more to bring it in, and if it's the same to definitely bring it in as it sounds like a transmission issue.
I've owned a OBX 2.7 and also never noticed this as well.
I tried to do a search here but could not find anything. Maybe someone here can provide some info.
I sure hope I don't have a transmission issue, surely the last think I would want on a brand new Bronco.
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No that isn't normal.

Could be a slew of things, even a driveshaft issue.

AndGerry

Wildtrak
First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In mine, the idle is at 0.8 and the shift is smooth. However, there is a lurch as I step on the gas, as if the clutch was suddenly released. For those who drive a stick, this is a familiar feeling, especially when teaching new drivers. I thought it was just my handling of the gas pedal… now, I think I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine does that sometimes (very low mileage) Not worried about it and don’t see how it could be related to a transmission issue.

STuff1

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had two bronco WT models. One, the first one, had a few issues and I bought it brand new with 3 miles on it. Parking sensor errors, camera errors, cabin vibration noises. tires off balance and I also had the “bucking” issue at times The new WT has no issues at all (had a slight wheel vibration at 55-65 mph but fixed itself, maybe a dead spot) and doesn’t buck at all. Also, the new WT sounds different when accelerating, throaty. The other was quiet when pressing down the gas.

Sponsored

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a '22 2.7 Badlands with 17K miles. My back end always lifts up when I shift into drive. I figure it is normal / some torque transfer. I remember someone getting their rear driveshaft replaced with similar "issues". Honestly not sure what normal should be.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had two bronco WT models. One, the first one, had a few issues and I bought it brand new with 3 miles on it. Parking sensor errors, camera errors, cabin vibration noises. tires off balance and I also had the “bucking” issue at times The new WT has no issues at all (had a slight wheel vibration at 55-65 mph but fixed itself, maybe a dead spot) and doesn’t buck at all. Also, the new WT sounds different when accelerating, throaty. The other was quiet when pressing down the gas.
That throaty sound is piped in through your speakers.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What’s with the back windows exploding? This is the second new thread I see where someone’s back window randomly shattered. Does anyone know what might be the root cause?

OP
OP
younglefthander
First Name
Jack Evans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a '22 2.7 Badlands with 17K miles. My back end always lifts up when I shift into drive. I figure it is normal / some torque transfer. I remember someone getting their rear driveshaft replaced with similar "issues". Honestly not sure what normal should be.
I just know after testing out yesterday both the Badlands and the WT off the lot, there was no noticeable torgue transfer. I have an appointment for service set for the AM. Hopefully will learn why.
What’s with the back windows exploding? This is the second new thread I see where someone’s back window randomly shattered. Does anyone know what might be the root cause?
No clue the cause. My Bronco is going to the service dept. tomorrow AM. I figure I'll find out very soon if Ford will warranty the window.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After having my back Window explode last Sunday (3/17), dealer is waiting on @Ford Motor Company to determine why this happen for no apparent reason at all.
Now we might have a new problem. We have had the WT for 4 weeks now, 400 miles and haven't been able to drive it for a week now because of the rear window.
I now might have a transmission issue with the WT. We got the WT on 2/25, later that week my wife told me that when she puts the vehicle in drive, the rear end would buck up, I just told her it's a Bronco, that's what they do. When I tested it, it is very noticeable. Again, I just thought that was normal for a Bronco 2.7 Sasquatch Wildtrac.
Well, today I was at the dealer, drove a Badlands, 2Dr Sasquatch, and this Badlands did not do this. The transmission shifted from park to drive was very smooth, so I ask to look at a WT, and it did the same as the Badlands. Very smooth. I checked the idle speed of both the Badlands and WT, they were 0.8. The salesman told me to check my WT idle, he said if it's more to bring it in, and if it's the same to definitely bring it in as it sounds like a transmission issue.
I've owned a OBX 2.7 and also never noticed this as well.
I tried to do a search here but could not find anything. Maybe someone here can provide some info.
I sure hope I don't have a transmission issue, surely the last think I would want on a brand new Bronco.
Hi there, Jack. These vehicle concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Should you need further assistance, please send us a PM with your VIN and the name/location of your Ford dealer, and I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Sponsored

SBrown1447

Wildtrak
First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 23 WT with 9,500 miles and have noticed the rear end bucks up, as OP put it, when I shift into drive. However, it only seems to happen if I am in a hurry and quicky shift into drive after initially starting the engine before the RPM drops down to ~800. If it has been running 10 seconds or so it isn't nearly as noticeable.

Also if the auto start stop is activated and the engine turns off while stopped, there rear end seems to sit down.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When the diff tries to rotate, because it has un-equal length control arms it pushes the rear down or body up. The higher the rpm the more it’s noticeable. I notice it depends on if I let it idle down it’s less and if I’m really on the brakes hard it’s different also. It can actually benefit traction as it loads the tires against the ground instead of lifting.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also , you'll notice it won't buck up if the e brake is engaged.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are able to shift into gear too soon the shift interlock may need adjusted----this is the first vehicle I have had that you could not shift into gear immediately ---while the engine is still starting. It always takes a second or two for the shift lever to be movable. I assume it's normal as it affects nothing else except the quick getaway from the bank, lol.

Greyghost07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota 4runner, 2024 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't noticed the rear end buck up when I put it in drive, just an audible clunk.

Regarding the lurching some of the others have noted, I notice mine does it sometimes in drive when in slow speeds or decelerating while riding the brake, almost feels like getting lightly rear ended because there's a sudden impulse. I feels like dropping the clutch on a manual and catching a gear with an audible clunk if I were to describe it.

Not sure if that's normal on the 2024 2.7L badlands...
Sponsored