Sponsored

P0741 Error. Transmission issues ALREADY?!

BillieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Y’all… Long time listener, first time caller. (Yes it’s a radio reference. Just means I’m old. Anyway…)

I finally picked up my beauty - ‘22 4 door Outer Banks on July 2. Other than the quick turnaround to the dealer so they could tighten the loose turbo clamp (knew about that thanks to this forum, so thanks!), I’ve only had my baby for about a week.

She threw a P0741 error code on 7/8 and has been at the shop since then. WTAF, right? So, per ODB Scanner, it says: “Torque Converter Clutch Circuit, Performance or Stuck Off.” Per FordPass, it says: “The transmission control system has detected the transmission torque converter clutch is not operating as expected. Additional alerts that may provide additional information may accompany this alert. A reduction in vehicle fuel economy may also occur when the fault is present.”

FFWD to today. Guess what? They have ordered me a new transmission. They, of course, have NO idea when they will get it. I opened a case with Ford today.

Anyone else dealing with this/heard of this happening/want to raise a whiskey with me while I drink away the frustration during this painstaking wait I have ahead of me?
Sponsored

Bronco-saurs

Outer Banks
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With just hitting 12,000 miles and countless times flooring it offroad, it's still holding together. Hopefully it's just a very limited thing.

OP
OP
BillieBronco

BillieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have 335 miles on her, about 100 of which are not from me. Hoping for a quick resolution, but also realize it could be weeks before I see her again. Bummed.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have 335 miles on her, about 100 of which are not from me. Hoping for a quick resolution, but also realize it could be weeks before I see her again. Bummed.
Hope you get her back safe and sound! This shouldn’t be happening as new as it is, and I’m sorry you have to wait again

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably a simple issue, but I’m sure the dealer is just replacing the whole assembly under low time in service. Under 3/36 the transmission assembly just gets replaced right away instead of rebuild if there’s evidence of any internal failure. Unfortunately it’ll probably take longer to get a whole assembly, then to just fix what’s wrong.

OP
OP
BillieBronco

BillieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, being told replacement. No telling when they can get one though. Ugh. 🙄