Sponsored

Manual transmission replacement at 8,900 miles ?

GMAN412

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Received vehicle in September 2021. All good until, May 2022 could not get into 3rd gear. No local dealer could look at until July???? Two weeks ago, transmission locked up in 2nd gear. Dealer mechanic checked it out and recommended a new transmission.

What the heck? anyone else having similar issues?
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Received vehicle in September 2021. All good until, May 2022 could not get into 3rd gear. No local dealer could look at until July???? Two weeks ago, transmission locked up in 2nd gear. Dealer mechanic checked it out and recommended a new transmission.

Did it have the proper amount fluid in it? Sounds like it may have left the factory low. Have you been using the clutch? I only ask because (and I am one of them) after take off from a light or stop sign some people just feel it out and shift gears without use of the clutch. I’ve been known to this in the past.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mechanical things fail. Be glad it failed early and not after the warranty expired. Stuff happens. Doesn't make me worried about my MT at all, and I've not been kind to it.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Meh... online forums do an awesome job at taking all of the bad things about the Bronco and distilling it down to a point where it feels like the whole thing is a garbage dumpster on wheels.

Those that have no problems are probably out driving them and enjoying their weekend rather than sitting online talkin' about broken vehicles. ;)

Yeah, like someone owning a vehicle for many months, then joining a forum to start a thread about a failure with little information.
Lots of MTs in use by long time members here and I've read very little negative about them.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

was the tech informed that the vehicle was fitted with a manual transmission and not an automatic transmission?

OP
OP

GMAN412

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did it have the proper amount fluid in it? Sounds like it may have left the factory low. Have you been using the clutch? I only ask because (and I am one of them) after take off from a light or stop sign some people just fell it out and shift gears without use of the clutch. I’ve been known to this in the past.

OP
OP

GMAN412

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do not drive the vehicle everyday. I never noticed any issue with the transmission. I have owned manuals for thirty years. I assume that the fluids were good. The vehicle was at the dealer in April 2022 for 7,500 mile service and passenger air bag recall. I do not have any other information, other than i have never had a transmission issue with any vehicle with this low mileage.

OP
OP

GMAN412

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, the clutch is always used.....

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having. If you'd like to, please go ahead and send a private message to us with your VIN and Dealership information. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thank you.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for posting as it creates a documented history. There always will be random failures and hopefully this is just one of them. People need to remember all products have a failure rate/defective percentage due to unseen defects.

This benefits the rest of us know what to watch and monitor through our ownership.
Sponsored