Sponsored

Can’t believe I waited for this peice of @&$!

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep typical ford! Waited for this bronco, and got lucky when they opened up the orders. Or didI? I have a 2021 4dr 1st edition, this truck starts when it wants to! The truck literally shuts completely down with no warning. Everything is fine then you park it and it the doors won’t unlock, ( no response to the key fob). You then have to manually unlock the door, (which sets the alarm off), all screens and gauges are black no response. Even putting the key fob in its home in the center console, it dose not recognize it. The only thing you can do is disconnect the ground from the battery, wait about 25min-40min for everything to reset to default and like magic the truck starts like there was no problem at all…
I have load tested the battery, (Ford has replaced it 3 times with new ones), I have checked and tested all connections.
It has been at ford for 2 months, with software updates, new computer, new key fobs, and still shuts down. Any one else have this problem?

My 2008 rubicon 4dr i ordered new would do something similar. it was called click, no start. (turn the key, click, then nothing). It was ordered new, dealer had no idea what was wrong. Would just do it intermittently. Finally i bought a dual battery set up and made sure the ground wire was fully in contact. no more click no start. it was faulty battery ground to the side wall fender. i wasn't the only one with this wrangler problem. google click no start.
Sponsored

eastbaybronco

Badlands
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door CG Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stopped reading when I read “Typical Ford”…if you have a problem with Ford, why buy a Bronco?

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No problems other than blind spot/cross traffic fault. Goes in next week.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not one to split hairs, but I felt the need to point out you used "@&$" which reads like 'piece of ass', which is not what I think you meant to convey, as it might mean something desirable... piece of '$h17' might be more contextually appropriate here.

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4WD, 2021 BMW 430i Conv
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2021 FE with 11K miles, no issues.

Sponsored

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep typical ford! Waited for this bronco, and got lucky when they opened up the orders. Or didI? I have a 2021 4dr 1st edition, this truck starts when it wants to! The truck literally shuts completely down with no warning. Everything is fine then you park it and it the doors won’t unlock, ( no response to the key fob). You then have to manually unlock the door, (which sets the alarm off), all screens and gauges are black no response. Even putting the key fob in its home in the center console, it dose not recognize it. The only thing you can do is disconnect the ground from the battery, wait about 25min-40min for everything to reset to default and like magic the truck starts like there was no problem at all…
I have load tested the battery, (Ford has replaced it 3 times with new ones), I have checked and tested all connections.
It has been at ford for 2 months, with software updates, new computer, new key fobs, and still shuts down. Any one else have this problem?
You lost me at "typical Ford," if you believe your problems are typical with Ford vehicles, which is not true, why would you purchase one? I'm sorry you are having so many problems with your vehicle; I would suggest to you use the lemon laws and get your money back and purchase a vehicle you believe is not typical of having major problems.

Ben3

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4000 miles absolutely NO problems.. Very happy with mine!
Ford Bronco Can’t believe I waited for this peice of @&$! IMG_1324

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear this. You must have had several disgruntled Ford employees build yours. I have a 21 OBX and love it. Two recalls but that’s about it. You got a big lemon and most of us have been there with other vehicles. Would understand if you get rid of it but it is a fun vehicle to drive. Good luck.

Sponsored

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't say my 2021 Badlands didn't come without any problems; my camera system would intermittently shut down. I knew it was a heating problem because it always worked when I first started it and it would work again when my vehicle cooled off. It was difficult convincing my Ford Dealer service department what the problem was because they believed the best way to troubleshoot the problem was to hit the start button without starting and put it in reverse, if the rear camera worked then there wasn't a problem. They also said that heat has nothing to do with the camera not working. I serviced electronic control systems for 35 years; heat is the number one factor in circuit boards failing. After I researched the Ford modules I told them which control module needed to be replaced. They didn't do anything to fix it until I talked to the dealer manager about the poor service I was receiving. They ordered the video control module and replaced it. It took a few more trips to the Dealer for them to get the programming for the module correct. The Service tech's ability to work on these new vehicles is worse than the equipment in them.

Cactus_Pete

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 SCREW 4x4 3.5L Eco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I understand your frustration and, hopefully, just venting.
This isn’t typical and maybe you need a new dealer or get the regional rep involved I don’t know.
mine is solid as have been all my other Fords (including the much-mailigned 6.0 diesel!)
Good luck.

Spedkilz

Base
First Name
Brian Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Piece

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol. Zero issues with mine. 2022 OBX SAS 2.7. It’s fair to say I love my bronco.
Sponsored