Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just Crazy! I had two different bad front differentials. Mine was in and out of the shop twice. Almost two months total time. It has been great since... except this last update did something to my Bluetooth android audio...
@Ford Motor Company got involved on my first time.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sadly, not too many mechanics can diagnose anything anymore. And at the dealerships they have handy access to the parts store, so they just change Parts until it works.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bet ya Eric O at South Main Auto on YouTube would be able to fix it. Techs are not mechanics. They are part changers! If the car can't tell them what's wrong then they don't know how to fix it. They don't know how to diagnose problems.

Back in the day, you would tell them I'm experiencing this or that. There were no computers to tell them what might be wrong so they actually had to use their brains and trouble shoot. You can still trouble shoot these computer loaded new cars. It might even be easier with all the harness connections to test circuits from point A to point B.

I don't know, I think technology is making us as a whole a lot dumber because we rely on it so much! I couldn't tell you my wife's phone number but I still remember my best friends home phone number from high school 25 years ago. We don't need to retain information anymore, we just look it up.

Anyway, I bet ya it's something super simple but difficult to find, thus trouble shooting needed but these new techs dont know how to troubleshoot...

OP
OP
ontheheel

ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: got a call from the dealer. The BCM harness checked out fine. It took nearly three weeks to check continuity on a single harness. Ford is now saying that all aftermarket gear needs to be disconnected and removed. The problem is that I only have three devices wired in:

1) Heretic light bar, with included harness and relay - power to battery, switch to upfitter wiring.

2) ARB twin compressor - wired directly to battery with switch on bracket.

3) WeBoost cell booster - wired to upfitter switch.

That’s it. All three of these things are connected to Ford-provided accessory wiring, whether battery terminal posts or upfitter wiring, and all are switched. Removing them is electrically identical to having the switch in the “off” position, as it is an open circuit. This was confirmed through the battery draw test they did previously - they draw zero current when switched off (no shorts).

It sounds like Ford is out of ideas, and their only solution cannot work for the reasons I just described above. I just sent an email to the service advisor asking if there are any future steps beyond blaming me (I worded it more nicely than that). If not, I said it sounds like my only option is to initiate a buyback with Ford. My only real request was to borrow a truck to get my $10k worth of accessories (rack, tent, floor plate, etc) off the truck and back to my house.

If that's what happens, I'll have a handful of things to sell here for anyone who wants brand new gear at a discount. I will not be buying another Bronco after this experience, so the number of things that will fit on my next car are limited.

Likely, it will be:
AAL floor plate
AAL cargo shelf
Outback Adventure Products Tailgate table
TRMR rack
Grimm Off-Road ARB compressor bracket

If I end up selling, I’ll part with each item for 20% off the retail price. The only thing installed for more than a couple weeks before it went into the shop was the roof rack, and even that was only used for two months, carrying my iKamper and 23zero shower tent. I never even got to use the tailgate table.

Again, this is assuming that we are at an impasse fixing my rig and I get an offer from Ford to buy it back from me. Just consider this the WARNO.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can see disconnecting the other devices, just to make sure, but removing them? What does that accomplish?

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disconnect at firs leades and test it. Although highly unlikely it's worth a shot. Your frustration is warranted but you should endeavor to preserve. I had two front ends get welded into 4x4 because they were never filled with oil. Just let the dealer service do their jobs And see what happens.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear you are having issues. I’m not an electronic or harmonic interference expert, but I’ve had to deal with it on industrial project startups.

Do you use the cellular booster all the time? If so, I would disconnect it first. It could be throwing out a lot of RFI (since it’s a transmitter) and/or harmonic frequencies back into the 12 VDC system. This kind of stuff can cause havoc with low voltage digital logic systems, and is very difficult to troubleshoot.

I doubt you will find a Ford Technician that has any experience with this.

EDIT: Also, the cellular transmitter should not be mounted anywhere near any of the Bronco “computer logic signal” wiring or electronic modules.

OP
OP
ontheheel

ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear you are having issues. I’m not an electronic or harmonic interference expert, but I’ve had to deal with it on industrial project startups.

Do you use the cellular booster all the time? If so, I would disconnect it first. It could be throwing out a lot of RFI (since it’s a transmitter) and/or harmonic frequencies back into the 12 VDC system. This kind of stuff can cause havoc with low voltage digital logic systems, and is very difficult to troubleshoot.

I doubt you will find a Ford Technician that has any experience with this.

EDIT: Also, the cellular transmitter should not be mounted anywhere near any of the Bronco “computer logic signal” wiring or electronic modules.
Main antenna is mounted to the very rear of the roof rack, amp is under driver seat, interior antenna is on center console next to window switches. It’s switched off.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford is now offering me a 5/76k ESP. Still no diagnosis.

I can tell when they are working on it, .....
Does anyone know how things are typically prioritized at service departments? It seems like my Bronco is just sitting at the back of the lot for weeks on end.
Should have zero effect but did you buy your Bronco from dealer performing the diagnosis? Can you blame them if they prioritize their own sales deparrment?

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had the same symptoms on my 2dr base SAS... except mine was stuck in 2wd not 4. no goat modes nor eco or sport could be selected. .pisser is it would act normal for a couple of days ,dealer replaced the 4x4 module . no problems since.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ontheheel

ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should have zero effect but did you buy your Bronco from dealer performing the diagnosis? Can you blame them if they prioritize their own sales deparrment?
different dealer. Bought in TX, drove to CA.

OP
OP
ontheheel

ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now the service advisor and the Ford customer service rep are not returning my calls or emails. I’m only reaching out about once a week, so I don’t think I’m hounding them or being annoying.

On the bright side, however, I can see that my bronco was started up twice yesterday without any codes. I can also see that it’s moved to a different bay in the garage. Still no word if they are going to try to pin this on my light bar and air compressor.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sucks man, keep us posted. Try not to lose faith...do,however hound them.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Things have changed. On the opposite side of a new vehicle full of electronics and computer chips was my 67 Scout (no longer have) that is my avatar. I took it once to a local garage and they refused to even look at it as there is no computer in it and they didn't know how to do stuff like points, plugs, dwell, timing etc without a scanner telling them what to do. So sad.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Things have changed. On the opposite side of a new vehicle full of electronics and computer chips was my 67 Scout (no longer have) that is my avatar. I took it once to a local garage and they refused to even look at it as there is no computer in it and they didn't know how to do stuff like points, plugs, dwell, timing etc without a scanner telling them what to do. So sad.
I'd rather work on that ANY day instead of a late-model vehicle. Still have all the tools too.
Sponsored