Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Brandview digital rearview mirror, the only acc, this will draw a bit since it's always ready to record a parking bumper hit-and-run.
This is definitely contributing to the problem. If it's in a secure location can you turn off the mirror (not sure I ever expected to asks someone to turn off a mirror, but I digress)?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SwissBronco

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is definitely contributing to the problem. If it's in a secure location can you turn off the mirror (not sure I ever expected to asks someone to turn off a mirror, but I digress)?
Have to pull the fuse. Even if you turn the mirror off its in a secret dark mode.

I don't really have an issue with the battery draining, absolutely obvious that this will happen. More concerned that you can't just charge it and get running again like in the old days.

Well, at least we don't have the crappy Wrangler power system with two different sized batteries...

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your multiple RF modems running in background don't help. WiFi modem, cellular mobile, satellite radio, TCU modem, key-fob sensors, others ?
For example your over-night automatic software updates need modems enabled. And your five key-fob sensors in the Bronco run 24/7
Left mine in my cabin garage for a few months and battery was dead when I tried to start it. Battery would not charge so I pulled it out and brought it home to Seattle. Battery was checked and sure enough it would not hold more than 7%. Called dealer and said no warranty unless Battery is in the Bronco. BS told them I didn't want to pay for a 2hr tow. Went to Costco bought a $169 Interstate and going up this weekend to drop it in. So lesson is trickle charger and battery has to be in Bronco for warranty.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine isn’t stuck in 4x4, but after a month and a half of not using it the battery was down to 3.45 volts. I used my 7 amp Ctek charger for about 24 hours and the battery (surprisingly) seems ok. A week later I’m still getting all of these warnings when I start the truck. The truck is in the garage for winter storage, so it hasn’t left the driveway to possibly let things reset out on the road. I did try letting it idle up to temp then shutting it off and disconnecting the battery for 1 minute, all the warnings are still present.

Yes, my 2021 Bronco doesn’t have 5,000 miles yet. I have an employer provided work truck for daily use.

IMG_7641.jpeg
IMG_7683.jpeg
IMG_7684.jpeg
IMG_7685.jpeg
IMG_7686.jpeg
IMG_7687.jpeg
IMG_7688.jpeg
I got to work this morning and did my normal check for new service bulletins and this one came out about battery draw issues from a problem I have never seen. Might be worth considering for those with battery draws.
Sponsored

Attachments