First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I purchased a new 7-Speed Bronco Big Bend at the end of January. I brought it into the dealer on March 16, because of a rattle it was making at 1519 miles. I have no seen the vehicle since. Supposedly Ford needs to redesign the engine. I have an active case with Ford right now but I am on my 3rd Representative and I feel like I know less than when this mess started. If I ever hear from them, its usually a late night e-mail indicating that had just tried to contact the service center at the dealership bur they were closed. I'm really getting nervous as I don't know if there is going to be any ending in sight.

It can't be good on a vehicle to simply sit in the lot for several weeks. I'm ready to demand a new car or at least get the extended warranty at no charge.

Anyone know what's going on?
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

🍋 or keep waiting.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's under warranty...if it's just a rattle with no warnings I'd go pick it up and drive it.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Something in the shifter or clutch linkage in these things does tend to rattle a little bit when shifting. If that's what yours was doing, just go pick it up and keep driving. Mine has always done that and it has about 13K miles on it, with no apparent ill effects. I've found that I can mitigate the rattle a bit by shifting later and trying to shift more crisply. Basically driving it like a sports car. Keep it under load until higher in the RPM range and quick shifts seems to just about eliminate that rattle during shifting, on mine anyhow.
Sponsored