Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like you, I thought that "fabricated MDF" enclosure is a ridiculously high price for what it is. Likely his is a bit cleaner looking, but who will ever see it once you've got it installed?

I'm currently running a Rockford Prime 12" loaded enclosure with a Kenwood 5ch amp, and it works fine but I often find myself needing to arrange stuff in the back to make it fit around the sub box, so I may look into doing something like this.

Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, what would you charge to build the box for someone else? Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing folks build their own stuff… so in no way being critical. I try to build as much of my own stuff as makes sense to do so. Just wondering where your box would come in, cost wise, compared to the shop built one.

As a side note… I have an extremely tough time pricing stuff that I build. My price would usually be higher than most of the ones you can just buy… I’m probably overvaluing my time 🤑

Edit: Forgot to say, nice job.
Someone told me if you work on a project or make something pay yourself your hourly wage and factor that into the project. I probably have at least 2-3 8 hour days into if my craftsmanship was way better and I made another it be just shy of 600. Id probably just charge 400. Because I like to do it and always undercut the competition (which is now 625$)
I made my shift (38 people) railroad spike bottle openers that set me back 700$. (Rip forge) I bought a new forge. Which I needed anyway. I just like to do things. I probably could have sold those for 20-25$ each.

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fyi the SRQ comes with the sub
I'm not buying it. It says it adds sub where the stock would or is. It says the impedance and within that list says abs and mounting hardware. And other sub enclosures run about that price without the sub.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not buying it. It says it adds sub where the stock would or is. It says the impedance and within that list says abs and mounting hardware. And other sub enclosures run about that price without the sub.
I'm with you, they mention the " 8” Kicker L7T subwoofer", but I think that's so you know what will fit the enclosure.

Jmart52

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrack, 76 Bronco, 64 f100 etc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have it. And confirmed that it included the sub before I ordered it.

Sponsored

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the B&O system. Just had a new sub put in the existing enclosure and they mounted a new amp behind the box. Much better sound over the original speaker
What sub and amp did you use?

Rjhoefar

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sub was a DB 8" and an envo amp, I think. Had it done at a local sound shop

cve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking at the Amp picture — I hope you have a fuse on the engine side of the firewall as well.

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking at the Amp picture — I hope you have a fuse on the engine side of the firewall as well.
Ha, no I do not. I didn't see a need for two fuses. And come to think of it. If a fire starts it will be at the fuse.. Probably add another one.

Sponsored

cve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you get a short between the battery and the fuse, the fuse won’t offer any protection. The fuse should be <18” from the battery.

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh yeah mines been rattleing like crazy. did they do a custom box or use same housing as before and what sub and amp did you do?

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh yeah mines been rattleing like crazy. did they do a custom box or use same housing as before and what sub and amp did you do?
Did you killmat around the frame where ur box sits?

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have it. And confirmed that it included the sub before I ordered it.
So their box includes the Kicker sub and mounting hardware? Just not electrical and the amp? That's really not terrible then.
Are you happy with their box?

Jmart52

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrack, 76 Bronco, 64 f100 etc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So their box includes the Kicker sub and mounting hardware? Just not electrical and the amp? That's really not terrible then.
Are you happy with their box?
It comes with the box that is painted with what looks like bedliner. I thought that was a good touch. It also comes with an kicker 8L7, and bolt and nuts to bolt it to an existing hole in the Bronco.
I actually haven't had it on yet since I'm doing all tge speakers and other things. Hopefully tonight.
Sponsored