First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi everyone. I'm new to the group. Thank you so much for letting me join. We recently purchased a Bronco Big Bend and I am struggling with the seat. I'm a big lady and bit on the taller side. I also have a problems with my left leg. I find that the seat is too small and doesn't properly support my legs. Which is causing me a great deal of pain.

(As a side note: I used to drive a minivan and I really wanted another one. My significant other is very controlling and I wasn't allowed to get anything I wanted. That combined with the vehicle shortage and lack of time to shop... This all happened kinda fast.)

I have some pillows in the car now but I'm wondering if there's any way to just get a new seat. I'm so frustrated and not sure what to do. I can be more specific about the seat if that would help at all. Thanks for any advice you can give!
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco really only has one seat. The only differences between the models are the seat covers (cloth, leather, MGV) and the seat base (power or manual). Making a seat swap is going to be 100% custom and extremely expensive.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have long legs as well and some seats in smaller SUVs that don’t extend much past my butt cause me leg pain too. However I haven’t heard this as a common complaint from fellow tallies yet.

So I just want to verify, do you have a Big Bronco Bronco, or a Bronco Sport?

My (hopefully here next week) Bronco will be the first one I actually get to sit in, but I did sit in a Sport a while back and there was no way I could ever be comfortable in there.

OP
OP

littlemisscrazygirl

Big Bend
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have long legs as well and some seats in smaller SUVs that don’t extend much past my butt cause me leg pain too. However I haven’t heard this as a common complaint from fellow tallies yet.

So I just want to verify, do you have a Big Bronco Bronco, or a Bronco Sport?

My (hopefully here next week) Bronco will be the first one I actually get to sit in, but I did sit in a Sport a while back and there was no way I could ever be comfortable in there.
It's a Bronco Sport. I'm really regretting the purchase!

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's a Bronco Sport. I'm really regretting the purchase!
Then your seat will be n thing like ours. Your Bronco SPort is based on the small suv, Escape. We are all full size Broncos in this forum (other than you) and our seats are as comfortable as those in a BMW or Volvo (experience) and the leg support for anyone with sciatica, for example, is extremely good. Foot room as well is plentiful with an adequate left foot false pedal. Plenty of seat travel and steering wheel adjusts both tilts and telescopes.

You should drive down to the dealer and try a full size Bronco on for size. But if hubby is dead set on an SUV from Ford then look at an Explorer or Expedition. Explorers are the vehicle of choice for many police departments and the men and women in blue/black/gray/tan spend a lot of seat time and would not settle for inadequate seating.
Sponsored