First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I should mentioned that I can afford and have planned to put more money down up front to alleviate the interest and monthly payment. Tuff decision and is stressful to think about. Appreciate any insight.
IMO, if you are making payments, that means you can't actually afford it. You are showing that you ordered a Wildtrack in your .sig. Is there a good reason you are ordering a $58K Wildtrack instead of a more reasonably priced $42K Black Diamond? (or a $35k Base)?

That's a lot of money to be throwing at a depreciating asset.

How much high speed desert running are you going to do in Sac-town?
Sponsored

OldGuardV6

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2015 Mustang 1995 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there’s any way, keep the Mustang. I love my Bronco, it makes me happy just to see it, but I love my 2015 Mustang when I want to take the twists and my old 3 series just won’t get it. Good luck man!!

Constraints

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IMO, if you are making payments, that means you can't actually afford it. You are showing that you ordered a Wildtrack in your .sig. Is there a good reason you are ordering a $58K Wildtrack instead of a more reasonably priced $42K Black Diamond? (or a $35k Base)?

That's a lot of money to be throwing at a depreciating asset.

How much high speed desert running are you going to do in Sac-town?
I appreciate the feedback. Better to have money in the bank rather than purchasing outright. But I plan on putting more money down and pay off in 48 months.
I also like the Wildtrak ever since I saw one on the lot. Also who’s just buying a bronco to do desert running, 99% percent of the time it’s a daily driver. You only live once.

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was in a similar position when I got my build date. I’ve always been a car guy and the bronco was going to be my first “truck”. I had two cars in my garage, a g37 sedan and a g35 coupe. I didn’t have room for 3 vehicles so I sold the sedan and used the money from the sale for my down payment and kept the coupe. The bronco is not a race car nor is it as quick on corners like my other cars but it’s still incredibly fun to drive and with the 2.7 it’s pretty good on power for what it is. The mustang im sure is a ton of fun to drive and own, but if it’s one or the other I’d almost pick the bronco. Since owning the bronco, I’ve done so much more off-roading, camping, exploring and taking off the roof and doors, all of these things I could never do in my g35/37. I never tracked my car on a racetrack, but I’ve definitely hit off road trails in my bronco.

do what your heart (and wallet!) are leaning towards. You will love your bronco!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BRONCeyeTIS

BRONCeyeTIS

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang,qx80
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Awesome feedback so far guys!! Thank you for your thoughts..I am leaning toward selling the mustang I've had a lot of fun with it and pre ordered in Dec of 13 for a 15 mustang..I know I'll never have another one like it but I think it's the best route ..I will revisit this post in some time and report back if I made a mistake.. can't wait for my BRONCO.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Years later I wish I'd never sold my MKII MR2, five speed, sport top, you can't find an unmolested one for less than 4 or 5 times what I sold it for; so if you can, keep it.

Future cars just won't be as special. No one will ever build an affordable mid-engine car again. But back then there was at least three including the Fiero and the X-9, one more if you count Lotus.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm selling the 911 now that I have the Bronco - I never get to drive it anymore. I'm keeping the 2021 Mercedes GLE63s AMG and the Harley.

Ford Bronco I need help with this yall ! So torn. Gara

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with most replies, saying that you should keep both if you are able to handle it financially.
Personally, I kept my '14 Mustang GT because I love driving it. I don't NEED it, but I WANT it. I do need a truck or SUV to tow trailers and haul dirt bikes I've had two vehicles for quite a while now (one sporty, one utilitarian).

My advice would be this... when you get the new Bronco, you are going to want to drive it a lot since it is new. During this time, the Mustang will be mostly parked and not getting much use. Wait for the "newness" of the Bronco to pass, and see if you miss driving the Mustang. This is what I experienced. Now, I find that I drive the Mustang more often than when the Bronco was new. You can always decide to sell your Mustang later.

Another thought... This summer, I plan to have the roof and doors off of my Bronco on a regular basis. Last summer, I would go back and forth between installing and removing the hard top, using the hoist system I installed in my garage. But this year, I plan to just leave the top off, and when it rains I can just drive the Mustang without having to reinstall the hard top as often.
Good advice

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kept all mine, though the 06 GT convertible now sits outside the car hole. The Bronco took its space.

That orange is sick. I want that color on Bronco.

Sponsored

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So , my wildtrak will be delivered in the next week or so and my 2015 mustang which I originally was going to keep must be sold so I can be in a better position with the bronco..
I don't HAVE TO sell the mustang but it would greatly help me with a lil tigher financial situation currently. Basically I'd be losing one horse but gaining another ..my question is, am I stupid for getting rid of this car? Or is the bronco that much fun that I won't mind ? Or buck up and tighten the belt? I know this is very opinion based but I just wanted some light hearted feedback to soften the loss of my baby..here she is..
One of my conditions for ordering my Bronco was that I couldn't do it unless I got to keep my Mustang. I managed to make it work, and I'll be welcoming the Bronco this summer, while keeping my 2016 Mustang GT. There will *always* be a Mustang in my garage. It's non-negotiable.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You should have as many cars as you have garage bays.
I have six bays, five Fords and a tractor.

Back in the day Four Wheeler magazine called the Bronco the "Mountain Mustang" ... and this was with 165 hp and three on the tree.

I have a 2005 stang which is fun, but since I got the Bronco I seldom drive it, the Bronco is better in most every way, and fun to boot. I'm considering selling the Mustang but can't quite pull the trigger.

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally different rides. If you're not going on long road-trips, off-roading, camping, towing, or winter driving... keep the mustang.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm selling the 911 now that I have the Bronco - I never get to drive it anymore. I'm keeping the 2021 Mercedes GLE63s AMG and the Harley.

Interesting choice on the GLE63. Most have gone with either the Cayenne Coupe Turbo S or the RS Q8. Once in a while an X6.