Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX5 RF
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Wildtrak was finally delivered earlier this month, and it is everything I had hoped for and more. However I have a fairly long gravel driveway and as discussed ad nauseum on this forum the Goodyear Terrains throw rocks like Ernest T. Bass. To mitigate paint damage I had the vulnerable areas covered with Xpel, but hereā€™s the funny part: When I get to the end of my drive I get out and pry the rocks I can see out of the tires. My neighbor laughs at me and my wife calls me Mr. Monk. Is there anyone out there as nuts as me?
If you don't pry the rocks out, in some timeframe, you will need to replace the driveway as many of the rocks will be down the road.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, just yes

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My Wildtrak was finally delivered earlier this month, and it is everything I had hoped for and more. However I have a fairly long gravel driveway and as discussed ad nauseum on this forum the Goodyear Terrains throw rocks like Ernest T. Bass. To mitigate paint damage I had the vulnerable areas covered with Xpel, but hereā€™s the funny part: When I get to the end of my drive I get out and pry the rocks I can see out of the tires. My neighbor laughs at me and my wife calls me Mr. Monk. Is there anyone out there as nuts as me?
If the rocks bother you that much you have 3 options 1) replace the tires 2) pave the driveway 3) just Learn to live with your wife thinking you're nuts/have really bad OCD. but she probably going to think that any ways, so forget number 3.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

i do this too. You are not alone in your OCD

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,ā€˜21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i replaced the SAS tires after 9k miles and sold them for a $1000. Problem solved.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine did it a lot when the tires were new. Havent had rocks hit the doors in a long time And I have fender delete.
Ford Bronco Do I really need professional help? 185ED91B-7C86-4667-BBC8-ABBD01DE4303

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm with you. It's cheaper and quicker then body or paint repair AND the rocks can make an annoying racket while driving before they fly out.

Sponsored

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø. ā€˜23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly, this is not the vehicle to go and be crazy about. Your asking for heartache and never-ending pain. This truck is meant to be run on dirt roads, trails, gravel driveways, etc. It's not a trailer queen. I have treated all my cars with hyper-focused care. Even my Corolla has PPF on the complete front end of the car. I had to convince myself that you can't do that to a Bronco. Yes, PPF the nose and vulnerable areas (whatever your budget allows) which I did and got sliders and I'm getting mud flaps. However, Trying to stop a rock from striking the door from the tires or the window is just going to give you nightmares. Prevent what you can, but realize at some point the Bronco is going to take hit. šŸ˜¢
The best protection you can have is the ability to just accept it.

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø. ā€˜23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine did it a lot when the tires were new. Havent had rocks hit the doors in a long time And I have fender delete.
Ford Bronco Do I really need professional help? 185ED91B-7C86-4667-BBC8-ABBD01DE4303
Nice, looking Bronco!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, this is not the vehicle to go and be crazy about. Your asking for heartache and never-ending pain. This truck is meant to be run on dirt roads, trails, gravel driveways, etc. It's not a trailer queen. I have treated all my cars with hyper-focused care. Even my Corolla has PPF on the complete front end of the car. I had to convince myself that you can't do that to a Bronco. Yes, PPF the nose and vulnerable areas (whatever your budget allows) which I did and got sliders and I'm getting mud flaps. However, Trying to stop a rock from striking the door from the tires or the window is just going to give you nightmares. Prevent what you can, but realize at some point the Bronco is going to take hit. šŸ˜¢
The best protection you can have is the ability to just accept it.
Right, I donā€™t get the whole keep the Bronco pretty stuff.

Iā€m really one for being obsessed with detailing my rides, but not an off-roader at all. Heck, pinstripes give character.

Since picking her up in early February, only washed the Bronco once and sheā€™s dirty now which is exactly how itā€™s meant to be.

Thrown rocks, branch scratches and all the like should be par for the course with the Bronco.

If you want pretty, get a Mustang. I keep my wifeā€™s SUV clean and pretty because itā€™s a pretty SUV, but not this thing, not in the slightest.

Guys, remind yourselves why you got the Bronco to begin with. Get it dirty, have some fun, make some memories.

Use that new Trail App! :ROFLMAO:

sfonteno

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sell them before they get too old and buy some Kendas.
Sponsored